First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all,

After informally suggesting it in a Facebook thread, I thought I should just throw something out here and see what happens.

Is anyone around the CO Front Range interested in trying to put something together over the next month or so? I'll suggest camping more to the south because of warmer weather with some mild trails if available?

Weather is great today and I have the fever!

Any interest? Suggestions please!

Reactions: tmhippo7 and Boort

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello all,

After informally suggesting it in a Facebook thread, I thought I should just throw something out here and see what happens.

Is anyone around the CO Front Range interested in trying to put something together over the next month or so? I'll suggest camping more to the south because of warmer weather with some mild trails if available?

Sounds amazing, how about a fun run up Rampart Range Road or maybe something in Temple Canyon which is in Fremont Co. Unfortunately,the ranch and higher elevations are under snowpack, so I was thinking lower elevations.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all,

I think that sounds fun. Would love to. What dates are you thinking?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I think that sounds fun. Would love to. What dates are you thinking?
Hi Cendee, I'm still working on that. I was leaving it open to see what others had for availability and destination suggestions. Loosely sometime in the next month or so.

Most of the good higher elevation camping may still have a good bit of snow. Lower elevation places should be okay, but I don't know if you'd want to invest that much of a road trip for it.

Reactions: Cendee

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sounds amazing, how about a fun run up Rampart Range Road or maybe something in Temple Canyon which is in Fremont Co. Unfortunately,the ranch and higher elevations are under snowpack, so I was thinking lower elevations.
Somehow my earlier response to you was lost.

Definitely lower elevation. I should've mentioned that. I haven't done much around Rampart or Temple, but I'm game. How was Seep Springs last year?

EDIT: How about Phantom Canyon?

Last edited:

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Somehow my earlier response to you was lost.

Definitely lower elevation. I should've mentioned that. I haven't done much around Rampart or Temple, but I'm game. How was Seep Springs last year?

EDIT: How about Phantom Canyon?
Nice and sunny but cooler breezes all day. But definitely would been an option as well.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I'm interested. Attendance would depend on dates, My work schedule is up in the aire as we just lost a guy so on-call rotations are getting reassigned.
Subscribed to see how this develops!

Boort

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm interested. Attendance would depend on dates, My work schedule is up in the aire as we just lost a guy so on-call rotations are getting reassigned.

Boort
Same here I would be good Sat-Mon morning based on graveyard work schedule.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
I am interested, need to know the dates before I can commit.

I have not been to Rampart Range in a few years, but the last time I was, it was trashed. Just wondering if that has changed or maybe a good place to make a cleanup trip?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Nice and sunny but cooler breezes all day. But definitely would been an option as well.
Christopher, are you referring to Phantom Canyon?

How was Seep Springs last year?

I like to move from one day to the next, but that can be more challenging to coordinate.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Boort
Boort, keep in touch with your schedule and we'll try to work it out. I'd like to meet you.

Reactions: Boort

tmhippo7

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs
First Name
Rodney
Last Name
Nilles
Member #

Hello all,

I like the idea! Would just need to know the dates, I have sat and sun off

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I apologize for not responding to some of you sooner. For some reason I didn't receive the notifications I was used to.

I've had something come up that is making it difficult for me to schedule a weekend as soon as I'd hoped. Are any of you interested and able to do an overnighter not including a Saturday?

Also, it's been a few years since I've been to the areas discussed above. Thursday, APR 2nd, I'm going to do an exploratory day trip starting in Canon City and going through Seep Springs OHV to Red Canyon Park and then to Cripple Creek via Shelf Road. I then plan to return to Hwy 50 via Phantom Canyon Rd. (Or in backwards order.) Please let me know if you'd have any interest in coming along. For those in the Colorado Springs area you could probably meet us in Cripple Creek or Victor after coming over via Gold Camp and Old Stage Rds.

Reactions: Ricky-Bobbi

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I apologize for not responding to some of you sooner. For some reason I didn't receive the notifications I was used to.

I've had something come up that is making it difficult for me to schedule a weekend as soon as I'd hoped. Are any of you interested and able to do an overnighter not including a Saturday?

Also, it's been a few years since I've been to the areas discussed above. Thursday, APR 2nd, I'm going to do an exploratory day trip starting in Canon City and going through Seep Springs OHV to Red Canyon Park and then to Cripple Creek via Shelf Road. I then plan to return to Hwy 50 via Phantom Canyon Rd. (Or in backwards order.) Please let me know if you'd have any interest in coming along. For those in the Colorado Springs area you could probably meet us in Cripple Creek or Victor after coming over via Gold Camp and Old Stage Rds.
I would love to join you but have kiddos to pick up and have been running around all morning enjoy the trip.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ

I can not this Thursday the 4th, I just got back from a full week off. I hope to be able to the next time, have a blast.

Are Mondays an option for you? If I can get a week in advanced notice I have a better shot of getting the time off.