Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Does anyone else suffer from this? I find myself always searching for old lanterns, stoves, ice chests etc...

My mother in law found this one at a Garage Sale, still had the paper instructions and extra mantles in the base, built (and maybe last used) in 1968. After a little cleaning and a soak, its fired right up. Also, Chainbreaker...Yo.

Coleman model 200 to be restored soon. by Dave Hunter, on Flickr

lantern-lit by Dave Hunter, on Flickr

This one needs more work, Im leaning toward painting it in a multicam pattern and using it til the world ends. It aint pretty, but it burns hot and reliably on just about anything. I like that.

Coleman 426D, also to be restored. by Dave Hunter, on Flickr

Last edited:

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Wow! I picked up an old Coleman lantern and white gas stove a year or two ago at the flea market! I also found a drink cooler in very good condition that was identical to one my family used when camping when I was a kid. Brought back a lot of memories!

Reactions: Drifterman

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

The old Coleman gear is BULLETPROOF. I have a 70ish year old 2burner that I take as a spare incase the "super easy" propane Coleman stove kicks the bucket. Not to mention, if you ever need to find a part but can't find a model number, you can ask for help on their Facebook page. The only (mainstream) company who still makes gear to last!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
The old Coleman gear is BULLETPROOF. I have a 70ish year old 2burner that I take as a spare incase the "super easy" propane Coleman stove kicks the bucket. Not to mention, if you ever need to find a part but can't find a model number, you can ask for help on their Facebook page. The only (mainstream) company who still makes gear to last!
Good to know. I have a Coleman propane stove my wife bought me a couple years ago. Now I'm going to have to start looking for Coleman equipment at garage sales. lol

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Oldcolemanparts.com sells just about everything, however, almost anything that can be considered a wear item is still available through Coleman. Sometimes you have to lay some games figuring out new models that use say, a 30 year old burner design, but almost everything is out there.

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Doing 18th century living history for so long we got in the habit of checking out antique stores looking for camping and kitchen items. Now that we are into a more modern version of camping we are more flexible about what have in mind while at antique stores, but we still hit the antique stores.

I think our camping style now is 1920's - 1930's.

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I went from coleman everything gas/naphtha to everything on propane but just had to many problems with propane and cold weather and have gone back to my coleman gas/naphtha - stove/heater/light again..

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I found this in a local online classified for $25. I do not think it was ever really used, it came in the original box. Made in Canada and I think it dates from the mid-60's. I replaced the pump seal and the tank o-ring and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
Its all I use is Coleman built stuff!

This one is a 425E 2 burner
also have a 208 single burner and a 530 single burner that is of 1943 vintage
Have a 2 mantle lantern model 220 and a Catalytic Heater model 512....