Cohutta/Big Frog Wilderness Loop info

• HTML tutorial

dbungard

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

TN
Member #

Anybody have any info on how long it takes to drive the Cohutta/Big Frog Wilderness Loop on the GA Traverse. I know that's a highly variable figure based on a lot of things, just looking for personal experiences. Thanks.

Reactions: Tatankaroo

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

No idea but me and the copilot may be up for a weekend travel and camp if the timing is right. That loop has been on my bucket list for about six months and my copilot has been champing at the bit to get out and camp.

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

Hey guys a friend and I are planning to do the Cohutta/Big Frog Wilderness Loop pretty soon, have you done it yet and have any info?
I have never done it, but I would love to stay in the loop on when you plan on doing it. I've been interested about this loop as well.

Logan_Gibson

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Alabama
Member #

Hey guys a friend and I are planning to do the Cohutta/Big Frog Wilderness Loop pretty soon, have you done it yet and have any info?
It doesnt take very long. Maybe 5 hours at most?
The lower section of the loop took us about an hour and a half stopping twice. Id estimate a 2hr time for the lower and 2.5 for the top at a moderate pace.
Checkout the Forest Service page, there are some road closures right now there. and then some seasonal roads that will end up being closed/gated causing you to detour around.

Intrepid Cruiser

Rank IV
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast II

Duluth, Georgia
First Name
C. Leigh
Last Name
Culver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4GR
A friend and I did the loop a year or so back. We made is an over night trip, camping on the north end in TN. I second what Logan said, be sure to check for road closures. A lot of north Georgia forest roads are closed between December/January to March. This is a handy PDF to have saved on a tablet or printed in your vehicle.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5210762.pdf

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

We just tackled it a few days ago while trekking the TAT out west from NC. Such an epic adventure through those parts of GA. Highly recommended!
Follow our YouTube channel if you guys havent already. We are currently in Arkansas enjoying the views! (I just posted the GA section today)**

Channel: Nikko and Lee

Reactions: Tatankaroo