Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
We take a Mr. Coffee Jr. . I load it up before bed . First thing when I get up, hit the button. I use 1/2 & 1/2, and ground cinnamon. She gets her coffee in bed and everyone is a happy camper! Buy the way, I dont drink the stuff!
Wow you sure know how to have a happy life! (Happy wife=Happy Life).

Jim

Reactions: Flipper

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I use Jiva Cubes. They have 4-5 flavors and dissolve in the water. They come individually wrapped and slightly pre-sweetened with pure cane sugar.

Never heard of these before, Gotta check these out..........

Leave tons of grounds in your cup?

Jim

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Nor Cal Ursa

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

McKinleyville, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I love the Bialetti Kitty! It is stainless steel and comes in a number of sizes so you can have whatever size you need for the trip. It makes coffee as fast as your stove can make the water boil.

Put in the water, put in the coffee, heat and done.

Last edited:

Nor Cal Ursa

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

McKinleyville, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I saw a few mentions of the moka pots on here and saw they were all the old school aluminum ones. Moka pots are pne of those things you don't see used much here in the US but they are seriously the best ever!!!! Bialetti now makes a stainless steel one that also has a stainless handle in case you have to use it on an open fire. These are the best I have seen and use them both at home and on the trail.

The Crowbar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Kerry
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Found a deal on an OxxBox at Home Depot. It ain't cheap but as a portable/almost bulletproof Keurig it's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app

Overland 5

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southern Ontario
Member #

Starbucks instant coffee Italian roast. I carry my MSR pocket rocket 2 that boils water for 2 coffees in about a minute or 2. I have an aeropress and a French press but like the Starbucks instant coffee the best when away from home.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Lost-Again

McCamper

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SODDY DAISY / CHATTANOOGA TN
Member #

I know I'm about to get "roasted" but this is how my family has done coffee for camping.

I don't normally drink it. But when I do... I prefer to fix it just lile this with the following items.

Honey
Folgers Coffee
Colman percolating pot
Colman or jet boil stove / Open Campfire for better flavor

Pretty simple, primitive but can not bet it.

-McCamperScreenshot_20180715-115355.jpgScreenshot_20180715-115223.jpgScreenshot_20180715-115738.jpgScreenshot_20180715-115835.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
For sheer simplicity sake I just use the Via Instant from Starbucks. If you want it reaaaaaalllly strong, just add more from another pouch
[emoji16] I carry Via as a backup and especially if I need to spike the perc'd coffee. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Have you all heard of Sudden? It is not really for the average coffee consumer because of its expense but it tastes damn good. Equator has one that is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk