Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Where in the hill country was that spot?
Tejas Park on the San Gabriel. West end of Lake Georgetown. It is a primitive campground, but is not so primitive anymore. Used by mountain bikers as a trailhead for the trails around Lake Georgetown. A lot of houses being built closer to the campground as well. But, still a good place for a quick taste of the outdoors.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Tejas Park on the San Gabriel. West end of Lake Georgetown. It is a primitive campground, but is not so primitive anymore. Used by mountain bikers as a trailhead for the trails around Lake Georgetown. A lot of houses being built closer to the campground as well. But, still a good place for a quick taste of the outdoors.
I didn't realize there was anything primitive out there, just the established campground.

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize there was anything primitive out there, just the established campground.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned it used to much more of a “primitive” campground. It’s now only primitive in that it’s tent camping and no real amenities. It does have a bathroom and I believe some running water.

It’s become more of a staging area for mountain bikes or picnic area.

Still, it’s a nice little place to escape to and make some coffee or breakfast on a camp stove.

Reactions: Sparksalot