Coffee in the 4Runner

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Member III

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Where in the hill country was that spot?

CubbyXL7

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Where in the hill country was that spot?
Tejas Park on the San Gabriel. West end of Lake Georgetown. It is a primitive campground, but is not so primitive anymore. Used by mountain bikers as a trailhead for the trails around Lake Georgetown. A lot of houses being built closer to the campground as well. But, still a good place for a quick taste of the outdoors.

Reactions: TahoePPV

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Member III

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Tejas Park on the San Gabriel. West end of Lake Georgetown. It is a primitive campground, but is not so primitive anymore. Used by mountain bikers as a trailhead for the trails around Lake Georgetown. A lot of houses being built closer to the campground as well. But, still a good place for a quick taste of the outdoors.
I didn't realize there was anything primitive out there, just the established campground.

CubbyXL7

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize there was anything primitive out there, just the established campground.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned it used to much more of a “primitive” campground. It’s now only primitive in that it’s tent camping and no real amenities. It does have a bathroom and I believe some running water.

It’s become more of a staging area for mountain bikes or picnic area.

Still, it’s a nice little place to escape to and make some coffee or breakfast on a camp stove.

Reactions: TahoePPV

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Member III

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
@CubbyXL7 are you planning to go to the monthly meetup at old settlers park on Saturday?