Coast to coast trip. Ca to Ga.

• HTML tutorial

Yota-Rover

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. To start off I just replaced my old rig with a slightly newer vehicle. The new truck isn’t ready for overlanding yet but it will be soon. That said there’s no better way to test a new rig than to drive 6,000 miles over the course of a few weeks. The trip so far is in the beginning stage of planning but the general idea is to start in central CA and end on the coast of GA. So far I’ve looked at taking the i40 for the majority of the trip. The plan is to camp the whole trip (be it just off the road, campsite or off a short trail). I do have a couple limitations one being the trip there cannot extend over 7 days (3 weeks total with a week in GA) and two I don’t have a fridge ice chest only. Definitely will be stopping at the Grand Canyon, but other than that I have little to no idea of what else to do on the way. So here are my questions for you guys.

(1) any places I should take the time to see?

(2) Any advice on camping along the way is always helpful. Also are there any particular camp spots that are a must stay?

(3) General advice for a 3 week trip. So far looks like we will be going in late February till mid March.

Thanks in advance!

Old rig. (Love this truck but it was time for an upgrade)
IMG_0865.JPG

New rig. (2013 Tacoma. The truck I’ve always wanted lol)
IMG_0925.JPG