Clovis/Fresno Meetup

• HTML tutorial

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Still thinking we may be able to do Buck Rock for June 23rd..

As far as a meetup-

I do like BC's parking lot as a meetup location, only problem is, if we want to enjoy a meal together, there is no room. I believe that may change as it looks like they are expanding BC's!

We would like to keep meets close to 168/41 to make it easy for everyone to get to.

I think July we may be able to start up again, since June may be too short notice.

Thoughts on locations, and a date in July?

Reactions: JJTaco13

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
IMG_0179.JPG

Still closed but the snow has melted... hopefully it will open soon

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

OK Clovis/Fresno/Central Valley OverlandBounder's - Looks like we are going to call this run a GO. We MAY encounter snow, and/or mud, and will decide if we need to divert, or turn around, bu the way the heat has been, and the water run off, snow is melting rapidly. Kiel, who is in that area a lot, has sent pics of the snow levels, and he is doing a pre run on Saturday. which i may take with him. This will give us the best last-minute green light. I will create a rally point shortly. I am waiting a little on the Rally point, in order to keep the number of rigs down, in case it is a CF. Otherwise, June 23rd, Buck Rock is a go. We will develop a Clovis/Fresno meeting spot, as well as one in, or around, Sequoia. Stay tuned, but if you were thinking of going, plan on some type of GTG and run :)

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Well shoot. One of our members went up today and the gates were still closed with no access and snow at levels 1000-1500 feet lower than Buck Rock. Not to say a lot can’t happen in just over a week, but... I may take a drive up Sunday to see the status and talk to the rangers.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Based upon feedback from the forestry peeps, they do not think they will have the road open this weekend. Possibly after July 1. Maybe we should just have a morning meetup in Clovis area to talk about regular meetings, events, and training? Saturday AM?

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Ok. I wouldn't mind a BBQ up at fishcamp snow Park just above Bass lake. Plenty of parking for rigs, cooler weather. I'm just saying. Lol. Clovis is ok too.

Cruiserhead17656

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Brassfield
Member #

Could we do next Saturday to give everyone a chance to plan for it? I’m game for a bbq meet up in Clovis or Bass lake

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Next Saturday will work for me as well. I cleared Sunday for the day but not Saturday with work

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Any ideas when we can do a meetup?
I’m looking for mid July as the official kick off. With the snow, it put us behind on the trail run. Was hoping for this weekend, but too short of notice. Stay tuned for rally point info!

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Hi guys, if my leg is better when you go to Buck Rock let me know. We have a microwave site there and over the years I have helicoptered, taken snow mobiles, snow cats, and drove up. Once you get there the view is breathtaking.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hello ALL!

Looks like some trails are finally open

Buck Rock

Bald Mountain

Let's go ahead and plan a meetup in Clovis for the Fresno/Clovis Chapter to discuss an August trail run that way there is plenty of time for us to get it together, and give enough lead time.

I am proposing a GTG/Meetup for either Saturday July 20th in the AM or Sunday the 21st in the AM. Quick consensus and then I will post a Rally Point.