ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Dang, 6/23 is my wedding anniversary. I'll catch the next trip.
Make sure you all stop to check out the tower too given the gate is open.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We are still on for this run, however, the recent storms seem to have made it "iffy" on whether-or-not the trail will be open.

Rather than put together an official Rally point, and risk cancellation, I think we may just keep all details in this thread until we know 100% for sure that the trail will be open. Those who have ran it seem to think there may only be small patches of snow at that time. If the heat index comes up enough, we should be good. No one can remember snow this late at that area, so it is uncharted waters...

I am going to see if I can get a meet n greet together before this.. doubtful, as I want to give as much lead time as possible to get all the waiting members a chance to reboot Fresno/Clovis area!

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
For the Buck Rock Trail, my understanding if I remember from my last trip is there isn't a gate, so the trail is technically "always" open. Now the fire lookout typically operates from June to October and may be closed at the time of your run.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

For the Buck Rock Trail, my understanding if I remember from my last trip is there isn't a gate, so the trail is technically "always" open. Now the fire lookout typically operates from June to October and may be closed at the time of your run.
7A33730C-9BC1-416E-9B15-2ABDB6D6EEDA.jpeg
Pic of gate from a member Saturday..
This was before Saturday nights storm. Not sure which gate this is, but he stated it’s where we need to pass.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

It should be getting warmer this week and might have most of it melted by then. So it becomes a half snow, half mud and chilli Bean day. I'm looking forward to it.

Martín

Rank II
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast I

Hi Everyone, joining the party a little late. Resuming the monthly meet ups would be great! I'm not sure if my stock tacoma would make this trail but I'm definitely in for a meet up any weekend in June (except June 15 and 16th).

-Martin

Reactions: JJTaco13

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone, joining the party a little late. Resuming the monthly meet ups would be great! I'm not sure if my stock tacoma would make this trail but I'm definitely in for a meet up any weekend in June (except June 15 and 16th).

-Martin
you could make it by utilizing some of the bypasses, especially the rock garden. It really is not a tough trail. Tires are the key.

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
hi everybody, i am interested on running this, can I bring my UTV?

Last edited:

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

hi everybody, i am interested on running this, can I bring my UTV?
I think the level of diversity the UTV can handle is a little more advanced than our street rigs. I don’t mind you joining us, but our pace may be quite a bit slower then you would want to go in the UTV.

Reactions: JJTaco13

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
I think the level of diversity the UTV can handle is a little more advanced than our street rigs. I don’t mind you joining us, but our pace may be quite a bit slower then you would want to go in the UTV.
since you said quick run... I thought of my RZR lol... just kidding Lee, I hope is open by then probably take my Taco instead.
thanks

Reactions: itsdchz