Cliff Jumping

• HTML tutorial

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

I'm interested in the "Tubs" spot as well. Can you PM me with details? How challenging is the 4WD trail? Thanks!

@Michael1929 It would be a very long post to give directions to all the places so below are the GPS cordinates to two of my favorites. These both require about 1 mile hike on steep terrian.

God's Bath: 37°59'09.8"N 120°03'12.3"W - park on the east side of the bridge, walk down to the river fron the northeast corner, then walk upstream about one mile/

Candy Rock/Bluestreak: 38.201339, -120.323825 This at the end of Candy Rock Rd. Walk down to the river, head downstream about .5 miles until you see I giant boulder in the middle of the river. The giant boulder is Candy Rock. About a mile further down stream is Blue Streak.

The hike to Bluestreak is worth it, it is the most incredible jumping spot I have been too and most people stop at Candy Rock, so it is secluded.

If you do not want a hike, Rainbow Pools on hwy 120 just North of the Big Oak Flat entrance to Yosemite is a good spot. You can park a few feet from a great jump point.

All these places are great for a swim or some smaller jumps also. If you want directions to somewhere else let me know and I can send them to you. The Tubs which is near God's Bath is an awesome place with an incredible camping spot nearby that requires some off road travel to get too, one of my favorite camp spots. I would not post this location in an open forum, but I will send the information to anybody that asks.

@BillyBadly:

60' is a big jump, but it is a big hole that is usually about 25' deep even with the drought. The "Big" jump at Candy Rock is only about 35' and it scares me more. When you get to the top the hole looks really small. In most cases the climb to the launch point is scarier than the jump itself.