Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

My Kids and i love finding spots where we can make big jumps into rivers and lakes. Some of our favorites are Blue Streak and Candy Rock (North Fork Stanislaus), God's Bath and The Tubs (Clavey), Island Lake (Tahoe NF), Tule River near Wishon and a bunch of spots on the Yuba River.

If anyone has any good spots please share.

Below is my sixteen year old working up the nerve to take a 60 foot plunge at God's Bath.God's Bath.jpg

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

My Kids and i love finding spots where we can make big jumps into rivers and lakes. Some of our favorites are Blue Streak and Candy Rock (North Fork Stanislaus), God's Bath and The Tubs (Clavey), Island Lake (Tahoe NF), Tule River near Wishon and a bunch of spots on the Yuba River.

If anyone has any good spots please share.

Below is my sixteen year old working up the nerve to take a 60 foot plunge at God's Bath.View attachment 10180
Man, 60' is big. Don't think I've ever jumped off anything that high...

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

@Michael1929 It would be a very long post to give directions to all the places so below are the GPS cordinates to two of my favorites. These both require about 1 mile hike on steep terrian.

God's Bath: 37°59'09.8"N 120°03'12.3"W - park on the east side of the bridge, walk down to the river fron the northeast corner, then walk upstream about one mile/

Candy Rock/Bluestreak: 38.201339, -120.323825 This at the end of Candy Rock Rd. Walk down to the river, head downstream about .5 miles until you see I giant boulder in the middle of the river. The giant boulder is Candy Rock. About a mile further down stream is Blue Streak.

The hike to Bluestreak is worth it, it is the most incredible jumping spot I have been too and most people stop at Candy Rock, so it is secluded.

If you do not want a hike, Rainbow Pools on hwy 120 just North of the Big Oak Flat entrance to Yosemite is a good spot. You can park a few feet from a great jump point.

All these places are great for a swim or some smaller jumps also. If you want directions to somewhere else let me know and I can send them to you. The Tubs which is near God's Bath is an awesome place with an incredible camping spot nearby that requires some off road travel to get too, one of my favorite camp spots. I would not post this location in an open forum, but I will send the information to anybody that asks.

@BillyBadly:

60' is a big jump, but it is a big hole that is usually about 25' deep even with the drought. The "Big" jump at Candy Rock is only about 35' and it scares me more. When you get to the top the hole looks really small. In most cases the climb to the launch point is scarier than the jump itself.

Last edited:

JB Umx

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I'm not much of a cliff jumper... too scared of heights and I have this fear of hitting a boulder I can't see under the water. But I'd be interested in more info about the camp spot near the Tubs.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

@JB Umx

I will send you a message with the information I just do not want it to be searchable on Google.

Reactions: JB Umx

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

You and your kid have guys my man. Looks like a beautiful spot though! It would take me a long time to work up the nerve for any kind of jump like that.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

The first jump is always the toughest. For me I am always more nervous climbing to the spot to jump from, you do not want to go bouncing down a cliff face!

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

@Michael1929 It would be a very long post to give directions to all the places so below are the GPS cordinates to two of my favorites. These both require about 1 mile hike on steep terrian.

God's Bath: 37°59'09.8"N 120°03'12.3"W - park on the east side of the bridge, walk down to the river fron the northeast corner, then walk upstream about one mile/

Candy Rock/Bluestreak: 38.201339, -120.323825 This at the end of Candy Rock Rd. Walk down to the river, head downstream about .5 miles until you see I giant boulder in the middle of the river. The giant boulder is Candy Rock. About a mile further down stream is Blue Streak.

The hike to Bluestreak is worth it, it is the most incredible jumping spot I have been too and most people stop at Candy Rock, so it is secluded.

If you do not want a hike, Rainbow Pools on hwy 120 just North of the Big Oak Flat entrance to Yosemite is a good spot. You can park a few feet from a great jump point.

All these places are great for a swim or some smaller jumps also. If you want directions to somewhere else let me know and I can send them to you. The Tubs which is near God's Bath is an awesome place with an incredible camping spot nearby that requires some off road travel to get too, one of my favorite camp spots. I would not post this location in an open forum, but I will send the information to anybody that asks.

@BillyBadly:

60' is a big jump, but it is a big hole that is usually about 25' deep even with the drought. The "Big" jump at Candy Rock is only about 35' and it scares me more. When you get to the top the hole looks really small. In most cases the climb to the launch point is scarier than the jump itself.
Thank you for sharing your spot.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I hope you get a chance to go check them out.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I found a picture of Candy Rock, the huge boulder is Candy Rock. That is the highest jump Point here. The perspective is a little off. The jump is about 30 feet into about 20 feet of water.

IMG_1043.JPG

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I used to do a lot of cliff jumping when I lived in Chico, Ca. There are a surprising amount of spots with Butte creek and Feather river around.

Reactions: KHoltzen

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

There are some great spots up there. I used spend a lot of time in that area as a kid, my grandparents had a cattle ranch in Palermo.

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Check out Sommersville lake in West Virginia. Ive gone rock climbing/ cliff jumping there the past two years and its amazing. There are litterally hundreds of yards of cliffs to climb. You just swim up to them, climb, and jump off. The water is deep almost everywhere ive been, so you dont have to worry about hitting bottom. Ive jumped up to 50ft, but you can go up 100 in lots of places. There are easy and hard cliffs... many are actual climbing routes with grades. Water has been perfect too (ive gone in early september) Also has friendly people in the area...11950286_10101432583862636_5185631425342880761_o.jpg 11998862_10105674987032313_8425408414384117536_n.jpg 11792065_10101432588668006_8608846867828695224_o.jpg

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

That looks like an awesome spot! Can you camp on the lakeshore?