Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Who else is in the Cincy area? SW Ohio, N Kentucky, SE Indiana?

Rigs and coffee maybe? If we get a few people, possibly plan some outings? I’m open to ideas.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Who else is in the Cincy area? SW Ohio, N Kentucky, SE Indiana?

Rigs and coffee maybe? If we get a few people, possibly plan some outings? I’m open to ideas.
I'm in the SW Ohio Area and am interested. I'm up for Meeting more members around the area.

Reactions: J.W.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I spent a lot of time in and around Cinti, and still come through there a lot on my way south and west. If y'all are meeting up for coffee or beer or whatever and I'm around, I'll gladly join in.

I'm heading there in a couple weeks, matter of fact, from the coast of Maine on my way to west Texas.

quitman_3271-1000.jpeg

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I spent a lot of time in and around Cinti, and still come through there a lot on my way south and west. If y'all are meeting up for coffee or beer or whatever and I'm around, I'll gladly join in.

I'm heading there in a couple weeks, matter of fact, from the coast of Maine on my way to west Texas.

View attachment 127686
Depending on when you come through I can possibly make something work. I like your setup! I've been toying with the idea of getting a trailer to put my RTT on.

Here's My Rig. She's about a finished as I can make her until I can get some real time and $ to put into her.

IMG_1673.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Road and J.W.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Thanksgiving is closing in fast but I can usually make some time on the weekends. What’s better, a Saturday or a Sunday?

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Depending on when you come through I can possibly make something work. I like your setup! I've been toying with the idea of getting a trailer to put my RTT on.

Here's My Rig. She's about a finished as I can make her until I can get some real time and $ to put into her.

View attachment 127746
Cool, I'll try to give you a heads up before I get into town, though don't set up anything special on my account.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Thanksgiving is closing in fast but I can usually make some time on the weekends. What’s better, a Saturday or a Sunday?
To be honest it just depends on the weekend. I have to work one weekend a month on-call. It just so happens I got two this month and it's the next two. So I probably can't meet up until 7th-8th of December.

Last edited:

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I understand that on-call life! let‘s shoot for early December

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Hey gentlemen - with things starting to open up I propose a coffee & rigs or a microbrewery meet up locally! I’m up near King’s island. Camp grounds still aren’t open but we could still meet!

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I've contacted Rigs 'n Coffee about getting that going here in Cincinnati. I believe we have a plan for this summer. Just waiting for the dust to settle before kicking it off.

James.Laidlaw

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
J.W. - let us know what they said. We don't have to be official - just getting out from quarantine will be good enough. There are so many micro-breweries in the area we could have an unofficial met up. As for summer plans - you'll mostly find me in Red River Gorge driving the Daniel Boone BackCountry Byway - hanging out at Callie's Campground in Stanton, KY (very overland friendly). I'll also be on the KYTLCA trail rides for the most part.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

J.W. - let us know what they said. We don't have to be official - just getting out from quarantine will be good enough. There are so many micro-breweries in the area we could have an unofficial met up. As for summer plans - you'll mostly find me in Red River Gorge driving the Daniel Boone BackCountry Byway - hanging out at Callie's Campground in Stanton, KY (very overland friendly). I'll also be on the KYTLCA trail rides for the most part.
It's pretty well set whenever we want to kick it off. I imagine stuff will be back close to normal fairly soon.

I love the Gorge, I grew up in KY so I have fond memories camping and wandering around down there. Hopefully we can get some group outings together down there this summer.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
It's pretty well set whenever we want to kick it off. I imagine stuff will be back close to normal fairly soon.

I love the Gorge, I grew up in KY so I have fond memories camping and wandering around down there. Hopefully we can get some group outings together down there this summer.
I’m definitely up for that! @Hattyz what do you think?

Hattyz

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Hatfield
Member #

I’m definitely up for that! @Hattyz what do you think?
Works for me!

James.Laidlaw

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
I count 4! That's less than DeWine's definition of a mass gathering! I say we set something up!

James.Laidlaw

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
I'm in if you're still planning something and taking additions.
Hey Andrew,

It looks like you found this thread! I just replied back to you on the other one and was going to go back and mention this!

I also posted some other information you might be interested regarding local events.

James

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Any News on a time to meet yet? Just made it through my LBL trip so I don't have much going on at this point :sweatsmile: other than beginning to plan and look for other trips that are within 7 hrs of Dayton.