Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Hey blackntan!

I am also thinking about building a wooden Chuck box. There seams to be quite a wide variety of ideas and designs just YouTube "chuck box" and hundreds come up!

I like the design of the Grubby Two Chuck box, a company called blue sky kitchens makes and sells them in the US but wouldn't be too difficult to construct something similar in a home workshop. One design feature I particularly like is that it's basically two chuck box's one for cooking supplies and the other a washing up + storage box with a connecting leaf that spans the two box's for lots of countertop space.

Here's their website: Grubby Two camp kitchen and grub box.

Another great little chick box idea came from the American outdoor equipment store REI's blog "chuck box build". I like how simple it is but how functional it could be with room for your own minor adjustments to suit your specific needs or wants.

Here's the website:
How to Build Your Own Camp Kitchen Chuck Box | REI Co-op Journal

So I am still in the thinking stage drawing up and coming up with something to build but hope this gives you as much inspiration as it did me. Just to note I have found most people using 1/2" or 1" plywood making quite large box's that when fully loaded could potentially weigh a ton! A frame with thin 1/4" (or thinner but concerned about strength) plywood sides I think is the way to go.

For now I am using a 52.9L Plano case to store my camp kitchen in and seems to do the trick.

Btw I'm from Co.Cork Ireland but have been living in Canada for the last 3 years, what part of the UK are you from? I have family all over England and Scotland.

Over and out, Adam

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app
I built that REI kitchen box and like it. It's built from 1/2 plywood and stores our dishes, stove , gas, utensils, spices, paper towel, two cast iron skillets, sauce pan w/lid, collapsible sink, and a bunch of small stuff like matchesIMG_0895_01.jpg etc.