Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Looks like S&B doesn't make one for the gas options from this timeframe, just the old 6.5L diesel.
Ah ok, sorry I didn't check, but good to know.
No worries...I didn't think about the open vs closed situation, so I'll maybe look around a bit more before jumping in face first (I don't jump in feet first, that's for pansies).

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
No worries...I didn't think about the open vs closed situation, so I'll maybe look around a bit more before jumping in face first (I don't jump in feet first, that's for pansies).
I know face first always the best lol. You have a 50/50 chance of success!

• Haha
Reactions: mface7

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Just while I'm thinking of it figured I'd put down the rest of the wish list:

Rear tire carrier
Rear locker
K&N intake
Snorkel
Raptor liner all around
Rear drawer storage
Some sort of storage in the rear side windows
Awning
12k lb winch
Touch screen radio and back up camera
Solar

There might be more that I am not considering right now.
I'm pretty close with you on this list. With the custom rear bumper I built I've been planning a spare carrier for it. I went with the LockRight locker, I assume you have the 9.5 14 bolt as well, I've been super happy with it. I've also been considering building an intake/snorkel system for my truck but haven't put enough thought into it to find a filter set up for it. I also plan on getting some raptor liner on mine, after I fix the rockers, but I'll only be doing the bottom part of the body. Awning, winch, and solar are also on my list. Since I have a modified stock front bumper I was going to use the Rough Country hidden winch plate.

I've also considered making a hatch to replace the drivers rear window since it doesn't really get used unless you're in the back of the truck.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Rear tire carrier
Rear locker
K&N intake
Snorkel
Raptor liner all around
Rear drawer storage
Awning
12k lb winch
Solar

I'm pretty close with you on this list. With the custom rear bumper I built I've been planning a spare carrier for it. I went with the LockRight locker, I assume you have the 9.5 14 bolt as well, I've been super happy with it. I've also been considering building an intake/snorkel system for my truck but haven't put enough thought into it to find a filter set up for it. I also plan on getting some raptor liner on mine, after I fix the rockers, but I'll only be doing the bottom part of the body. Awning, winch, and solar are also on my list. Since I have a modified stock front bumper I was going to use the Rough Country hidden winch plate.

I've also considered making a hatch to replace the drivers rear window since it doesn't really get used unless you're in the back of the truck.

I have the 10.5" 14 bolt, 4.10 gears but no locker.

Reactions: ZRex

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Rear tire carrier
Rear locker
K&N intake
Snorkel
Raptor liner all around
Rear drawer storage
Awning
12k lb winch
Solar

I have the 10.5" 14 bolt, 4.10 gears but no locker.
Oh! You do have the full floater, I'm jealous! You can get a mini spool for dirt cheap. I wish mine was a full floater.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Light bar setup bolted together. Got the holes marked on the roof before it started to rain so I guess I'll wait to drill into it. Purposefully made this high enough that it's even with the top of the roof rack in case I need to throw something extra long up top.

(A bit of a mess in the background but I know where everything is...)

Attachments

Reactions: ZRex and Sparksalot

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Dad snapped this on his way to camp...snow forecast for the next couple days. Maybe I should reconsider how I spend my time off...:tearsofjoy:
1633647188288.png

Nah.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Got the light bar up in the roof. 3 holes for each of my brackets, stainless steel rivet nuts with a bunch of rtv. Then rtv inside the rivet nuts to seal the threads while running stainless bolts and lock washers. Also has some 3M double sided foam tape between the bracket and the roof for a little extra hold.

Now I just need my weather pack style connectors (random Amazon version) to deliver before I leave. Although, I have enough cable to set it up for this trip and then cut and redo it afterward if they don't show.

Attachments

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Weather proof connectors so make it before we left, so hooked that up. Here are my cable clips running up the windshield.

Attachments

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hit the dirt after dark Friday. Tested out the light bar setup...pics are low beam, high beam, floods on the grill guard, and finally the light bar. Ended up adjusting the bar up a little because it was hitting the front end so hard.

Attachments

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Just a quick update: haven't done much in the way of work but have the following parts I've been gathering up and will be working on--these are more on the maintenance side of things:

EGR Valve replace
ECT Sensors replace
AT pressure switch replace
Front brake discs, calipers
New front lugs and nuts

Currently in process (not maintenance):

Under-hood LED strip lighting (have about half done)
Rear-tire carrier

Pics to come as I finish up some stuff.

Reactions: Apoclapedia

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I just redid my breaks. Id never pressed in lugs to mate rotors to hubs before. So that was fun. Im not being sarcastic it was surprisingly easy. Good luck with tour build.
I haven't done it before either, but I'm always up for new challenges! I figure it can't be too bad.

Like the F350...this was on my shortlist when considering rigs, though I was hoping for a PowerStroke in it. Hard to find something around here with less than 300K miles, though.

Apoclapedia

Rank IV

Advocate I

Moha, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

When i was about ten years old i saw a ‘95 F350 crew cab long box. And ever since then i wanted one. The guy i got this one off of had an offer come in on it for $4500. But he said and I quote. “The guy was an asshole, so i didnt sell it to him”. He was asking $3500. He sold it to me for $3000 with 160,000 miles on it. Im not saying im not an asshole, i just happened to be the kinda asshole he gets along with i guess.

I picked up the frame of an old press for near free and slapped a 20 ton jack in it i had kicking around the shop. Then pressed them in myself. It was pretty easy. Youll be fine.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

When i was about ten years old i saw a ‘95 F350 crew cab long box. And ever since then i wanted one. The guy i got this one off of had an offer come in on it for $4500. But he said and I quote. “The guy was an asshole, so i didnt sell it to him”. He was asking $3500. He sold it to me for $3000 with 160,000 miles on it. Im not saying im not an asshole, i just happened to be the kinda asshole he gets along with i guess.

I picked up the frame of an old press for near free and slapped a 20 ton jack in it i had kicking around the shop. Then pressed them in myself. It was pretty easy. Youll be fine.
Sounds like you got a great deal!

I think to some level or another, we're all assholes, and the sooner we can accept that, the better off we'll be in life.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Also ordered the EMS tire carrier hinge, and I bought a little welder, so hoping to get the spare on the back end in the not too distant future. among other things.

Reactions: Sparksalot

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Chuck and I towed home this little thing over the weekend.

1650923481116.png

This is for my oldest boy for the next couple years, and then the next and the next, hopefully.
1997 Ford Explorer
4.0L V6
4WD
Automatic transmission
No power windows or locks---which throws the kids a bit.

Needs a fuel pump to run. Only 99,250 miles or so on a 25 yr old car and for $1250, it's hard to go wrong. Should be a fun little project for the boys to learn working on. They've helped a bit with Chuck, but this gives some extra incentive for them to actually work on it.

Ironically, with this addition we have Chevy, Dodge and Ford SUVs in the driveway (wife drives a 2015 Durango).

Also, as mentioned in another thread, we're currently in a battle over naming this one. My son doesn't want to name it at all. I'm thinking we call her Dora... (if you don't figure it out, let me know.)