Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

I took some split ring clamps that they use for hanging pipes, Plasti-Dipped them black (actually my cousin did that part), and attached some Quick Fist tool mounts to them. The hangers just happened to be the size needed to clamp around the FJ's stock roof rack tubing (the vertical parts of the roof rack). I'm not sure of the clamp size because they were given to me, but I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to figure out what you need. I do know the clamps are only $1.50 online. I went to the local hardware store, found the screws with the correct thread to attach the Quick Fists to the clamps (3/8th x 3/4th hex bolts medium thread), some #10-24 nuts to secure the pipe clamps, used a 3/4" drill bit to make the holes in the Quick Fists a little bigger so the hex bolts would fit through, and poof.........tool mounts for roof rack. As an added bonus, the Plasti-Dip eliminates the possibility of rattling on the roof rack:
clamp.JPG 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I saw those the other day when I was walking through Lowe's and wondered if they would work. I like the fact that you were able to use the down slides on the roof rack. Very handy. I will have to go and try some of these out! Thank you for sharing!

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

I saw those the other day when I was walking through Lowe's and wondered if they would work. I like the fact that you were able to use the down slides on the roof rack. Very handy. I will have to go and try some of these out! Thank you for sharing!
Similar instructions are actually on the back of the Quick Fists packages. It even shows a hi lift mounted with them.

Bam

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oregon City, OR
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hensch
Member #

Love this. What's the likelihood that the hatchet or other accessories are going to come off when on heavy trails? I'm not too familiar with those mounts.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Love this. What's the likelihood that the hatchet or other accessories are going to come off when on heavy trails? I'm not too familiar with those mounts.
I have Quick Fist mounts holding in several locations between my Jeep and trailer. I’ve never had one come loose.