US Southwest Chasing Campfires Presents: Camp Every Weekend in October Challenge

• HTML tutorial

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Planning on attending will be my first Rally Point and first trip off road out side of very mild fire roads in the Sam Houston National Forest.

Question for me is should I expect any trouble with my Rig based on trail conditions?

Driving a 2001 Yukon XL w/6.5” lift 35” tires no gears and the weak chevy front in is all stock although BDS does a pretty good job with CV Angles

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Planning on attending will be my first Rally Point and first trip off road out side of very mild fire roads in the Sam Houston National Forest.

Question for me is should I expect any trouble with my Rig based on trail conditions?

Driving a 2001 Yukon XL w/6.5” lift 35” tires no gears and the weak chevy front in is all stock although BDS does a pretty good job with CV Angles

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

You'll be just fine. @TahoePPV has cop Tahoe that makes it everywhere we go.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

Oh no way. You need at least 12” lift, plus a YouTube channel, drone, trasheroo, and a scottle to even think about it.

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Oh no way. You need at least 12” lift, plus a YouTube channel, drone, trasheroo, and a scottle to even think about it.
I knew it!! That is exactly what YouTube said
Gotta get that 3 battery setup ordered asap!!!

Thanks for the levity...but now have to google "scottie" sure i will need at least 2 of those

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

I knew it!! That is exactly what YouTube said
Gotta get that 3 battery setup ordered asap!!!

Thanks for the levity...but now have to google "scottie" sure i will need at least 2 of those
Dont forget the overlanding refrig and the RTT... no respectable Overlander leaves home without those.. lol

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
If anyone is looking for something to do next weekend, I will be at Padre Island National Seashore Sat. 26th and Sun. 27th. Hopefully celebrating passing my Ham Tech exam. You are all welcome to come out. Park fees will be waived Sat. for National Public Lands Day.
A Night on the Beach - Overland Bound