US Southwest Chasing Campfires Presents: Camp Every Weekend in October Challenge

• HTML tutorial

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
If you are planning on attending, please RSVP. We would like to get a head count because we may make fajitas one night.
I marked myself not going, for the fajita count, but may still show up, if there's still room then. I want to go, just unsure if I can get away that weekend.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I marked myself not going, for the fajita count, but may still show up, if there's still room then. I want to go, just unsure if I can get away that weekend.
If we get the intended spot there will be room for you.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

im coming out of north dallas. maybe we can set a rally point in Austin and caravan down????
Most people will be leaving from work at various times to head out there. We usually just meet up at the camp location on these Friday- Sunday trips. @dna44 and I will probably meet in Cedar Park around 3:30 or 4 on Friday and head out, if you want to meet us there you can. If you can get out to the location sooner then if you could snag the campsite that would be awesome. It's first come, first serve.

Reactions: Beretta4x4

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Most people will be leaving from work at various times to head out there. We usually just meet up at the camp location on these Friday- Sunday trips. @dna44 and I will probably meet in Cedar Park around 3:30 or 4 on Friday and head out, if you want to meet us there you can. If you can get out to the location sooner then if you could snag the campsite that would be awesome. It's first come, first serve.

well its about a five hour run to austin from here... so... I was hoping to get a guide for the first time down there... but I've reconned so much in my life .. I might get down there a day or two early. depends on the fabrication company and the tent at this point.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

well its about a five hour run to austin from here... so... I was hoping to get a guide for the first time down there... but I've reconned so much in my life .. I might get down there a day or two early. depends on the fabrication company and the tent at this point.
Google will guide you directly to the proposed campsite
Did you figure out a company for the tent?

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Google will guide you directly to the proposed campsite
Did you figure out a company for the tent?
right now I am seriously leaning towards ROAM... but I can't get anyone on the phone. I know gordi has one in stock... but I am concerned about supply side and quality in my choice as we intend to build a few of these trucks.

but the rack is now in ready for welding... so I'm stoked. lol. I think we will have a cool articulating set up to show off.. hopefully by this trip. going from wood to metal in some prototypes,, and doing the rack is a big step... forward movement.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

right now I am seriously leaning towards ROAM... but I can't get anyone on the phone. I know gordi has one in stock... but I am concerned about supply side and quality in my choice as we intend to build a few of these trucks.

but the rack is now in ready for welding... so I'm stoked. lol. I think we will have a cool articulating set up to show off.. hopefully by this trip. going from wood to metal in some prototypes,, and doing the rack is a big step... forward movement.
I know there are companies that stock some RTTs here in Austin

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

I know there are companies that stock some RTTs here in Austin

I have a dealer less than 3 miles from my house... supposedly. but they dont answer the phone.. or respond to messages. so. I reached out to Roam directly. hopefully they will respond. soon. I need a tent to finish the rack to make sure the mounts align.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

I have a dealer less than 3 miles from my house... supposedly. but they dont answer the phone.. or respond to messages. so. I reached out to Roam directly. hopefully they will respond. soon. I need a tent to finish the rack to make sure the mounts align.
ROAM used to be out of Austin but they moved to LA now

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

I agree. When I bought my awning and tent they were still here and I wanted to support a local company
well i dug through the website and found a 512 number and got a very friendly guy (Jacob) on the phone.. and he seems to be moving stuff along for me.. so let's see if I can A. get a tent here.... and B. get it here on time to weld up the rack, powdercoat it and mount it... all before the 1st of October... lol

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

well i dug through the website and found a 512 number and got a very friendly guy (Jacob) on the phone.. and he seems to be moving stuff along for me.. so let's see if I can A. get a tent here.... and B. get it here on time to weld up the rack, powdercoat it and mount it... all before the 1st of October... lol
You're welcome to come measure mine or I can take measurements for you.