Chairs, lets sit down and talk about this.

• HTML tutorial

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

I do try to watch the weight ( in my rig...) ButI like to be comfortable and watch the stars so I bring a Zero Gravity chair with me.

It"s got some weight and mass but I did build my rack and kit to fit it. It lasts about a year then falls apart. Due for a new one now.

Whats everyone using for a chair-recliner -stargazer -napper etc........

Thanks Jeff

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

It has straps that allow adjustment to sit or lay back. My wife asked if she could use it some times, naturally I said 'heck no!' so she got her own.

Reactions: Things

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Helinox Savanna for myself and the Playa for my wife... the price tag hurt but very happy with them. I wanted something light and compact as well and once I got the chance to try one out on an overnighter last spring, I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw them on clearance since I had an REI 20% off clearance coupon for each.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Man! Have I gone through some chairs. It seems every year someone comes out with something that catches my attention and of course I buy it…
Sooo here are my two favorite chairs..

Strongback chair - By far the most comfortable chair I have ever tried. The drawback is that it that it doesn’t fold up into a compact package…

Frontrunner chair - now this chair folds up to almost nothing and is easily packed into my Jeep. We first saw it on an Epic Family Roadtrip video. While it is fairly comfortable it doesn’t compare to the Strongback.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Helinox Savanna for myself and the Playa for my wife... the price tag hurt but very happy with them. I wanted something light and compact as well and once I got the chance to try one out on an overnighter last spring, I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw them on clearance since I had an REI 20% off clearance coupon for each.
I have a knockoff Helinox that I bought from Costco. It's a decent chair. Comfortable but low to the ground. I bought it because I could carry it on my motorcycle while traveling. A lot of my equipment was purchased with the requirement of being carried on my 2008 Street Glide. I've camped off that bike a bunch of times. The only thing that wasn't 'small' was the sleeping bag. But on a motorcycle, storage is at a premium.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I take two chairs that I use. One sits at normal height and has a fold up side table. This one also has a built in soft cooler, pack straps and is rated for 500lbs. I’m only 200lbs, but it feels very sturdy and will hopefully last many trips. It stays at camp. I use it to socialize, eat a meal or

my other is a low sitting, creek-side folding char. It also has a shoulder strap and a small gear pocket that will hold a few small items while trucking towards a fishin hole.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
We have a slightly different approach for a couple of reasons (at least); Space/packing and relaxation.

When it comes to space and packing I don't want to have to stack items on top of other items or have to shuffle things around to get to other things. I do have a zero gravity chair, I take it to the drive in. We also have the typical folding chairs. The ones that fold flat-ish and the ones that fold up and round.

After various trips I focused on space efficiency without losing functionality. I wanted to keep as much gear as possible in my storage drawers and try to only have to load bedding, food, clothes, and a couple pieces of kit depending on where we were going and how long.

Getting to the point, I have 3 CLIQ chairs in my drawers as well as 2 hammocks. Always having chairs in my truck and not in the way has been quite nice even when just out and about. If we want to relax in the shade or under the stars then we can have the hammocks up in a couple of minutes as long as there are suitable trees.

Hard to beat a hammock. Unless you have no place to hang it.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Bought this this summer, love it. The only thing I was missing camping was a comfortable reading chair.
ps, I threw out the headrest thing.
440# capacity.

1625641324993.png

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

I wish someone will invent a chair that packs small but still offers the comfort and size of the chairs that I currently have -

Did not happen yet... I would pay good money to have that...

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I find the ARB OME Director's Chair the most useful of the chairs I have. It is the first director's style chair I have had.

1625786381071.png

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I have GCI Directors chair and they are great

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Every year I end up buying those basic collapsable canvas chairs you see at the local sporting good store or wal-mart, but I always manage to break them after the first summer of camping. I wanted to get a high quality chair that was still simple, easy to pack, and didn't have a bunch of accesories on it. I ended up with this chair

So far it's been solid, comfy, and easy to lug around. The corner where the metal posts meet the fabric is very sturdy, which is where I usually end up breaking them. We'll see how it goes. I still have at least 5 trips lined up for the year.

Reactions: grubworm