Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Hey Tony. Glad to see you starting a meetup. I’ll invite some others who aren’t on your list (assuming that’s ok). I’ll put this on the calendar and try to make them.

Reactions: SJ Dave

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Hey Tony. Glad to see you starting a meetup. I’ll invite some others who aren’t on your list (assuming that’s ok). I’ll put this on the calendar and try to make them.
Of course! I just used the the invite feature in the RP so invite away!

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
UPDATE FOR THE MEETING NEXT WEEK.

Central Valley Overlanders - OB Meet-Up

Date
November 20th, 2022

Mountain Mike’s 3601 Pelandale Ave Modesto CA 95356

Time
1300hrs -1500hrs PST

Presentations/training
This meeting will be the first regularly scheduled meeting for the Central Valley. Today will be introductions and and agenda of what I would like to do in these meetings.

Education and training:
Bring suggestions for any kind of training you would like to see.

Trip planning and reports
Please bring some trip ideas you can lead to the meeting. I will be more than happy to help people in planning trip. I will always be available for advice and help as much as I can.

Let’s get some trips planned for 2023. Ideally, I would like to get at minimum, one day trip a month, but we will try to set up for 2-3 day excursions.

Cannot wait to see everyone there!

SWAG will be available!

1300-1400 will be social hour, get some pizza, check out each others' rigs, get some introductions on! 1400hrs we will have the more official meeting where we will discuss intentions with the meetup and share ideas!

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Hello everyone. Had a really great first turn out! I hope we grow every month!

We had 10 individuals make it to the meet up and saw some really nice set ups!

Next meet up, I think I am going to show everyone what different types of recovery great that I carry, how to use it, and ideas for impromptu mounting points to use in a pinch. Hope to see more people there and I hope others will have recovery questions and experience!

Thanks again to everyone who came! I'm excited for what's to come!

Reactions: Mark E

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey does anyone know how to update your username or is it not possible?
Go to your profile, it can be changed once a month

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Date:
December 18th, 2022

Time:
1300hrs -1500hrs PST

1300-1400hrs: social hour, get some pizza, check out each others' rigs, get some introductions on!
1400hrs: the more official meeting where we will discuss intentions with the meetup and share ideas!

Presentations:
This meet we will go over the different types of recovery gear and their applicable uses.

Future education and trainings:

Trip planning and reports:
We will establish a group leader for the very first trip we will have. We will also go through the calander and try to pencil in dates and locations for trips.

Cannot wait to see everyone there!

Reactions: David_e11daa

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Yesterday's meeting was small, but still informative. With Christmas and New Year's in the next couple weeks, I'm not too surprised it was smaller. I mean, more personal. Lol.

Got some good feedback and experience in regards to the kinetic rope versus recovery strap. We got to see soft versus hard shackles, we got to see snatch blocks and bow shackles and learned about impromptu mourning points if you don't have one. All in all, very informative, we had novice to seasoned recovery experiences which was nice because we probably had questions we hadn't thought of and got to see an outside view inwards on the recovery aspect.

For those interested in the recovery gear I use and keep in my truck at all times, I have an amazon associate link with everything that I use. All the gear I use can be found at this link, with some really good deals going on right now, especially the kinetic rope.

If anyone has any questions about recovery gear, or anything related to recovering vehicles, don't hesitate to ask! You may ask a questions no one has asked before, or you may ask a question someone is afraid to ask. Wither way, I'm happy to give you or get you an answer!

Same place next month, I'm going to be planning a snow trip to MET, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years if I don't see you before!

stokejob

Rank II

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Stoker
Member #

Yesterday's meeting was small, but still informative. With Christmas and New Year's in the next couple weeks, I'm not too surprised it was smaller. I mean, more personal. Lol.

Got some good feedback and experience in regards to the kinetic rope versus recovery strap. We got to see soft versus hard shackles, we got to see snatch blocks and bow shackles and learned about impromptu mourning points if you don't have one. All in all, very informative, we had novice to seasoned recovery experiences which was nice because we probably had questions we hadn't thought of and got to see an outside view inwards on the recovery aspect.

For those interested in the recovery gear I use and keep in my truck at all times, I have an amazon associate link with everything that I use. All the gear I use can be found at this link, with some really good deals going on right now, especially the kinetic rope.

If anyone has any questions about recovery gear, or anything related to recovering vehicles, don't hesitate to ask! You may ask a questions no one has asked before, or you may ask a question someone is afraid to ask. Wither way, I'm happy to give you or get you an answer!

Same place next month, I'm going to be planning a snow trip to MET, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years if I don't see you before!
Hey! I’m new on OB and intended to be there yesterday, but got caught up in holiday shopping and typical Sunday afternoon stuff. Looking forward to meeting others in the area and planning some trips.

Reactions: BettyWhiteOneSeven

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Date:
January 15th, 2023

Time:
1300hrs -1500hrs PST

1300-1400hrs: social hour, get some pizza, check out each others' rigs, get some introductions on!
1400-1500hrs: the more official meeting where we will discuss topics and share ideas!

Presentations:
This meet we will go over installation of tire chains! I may need a volunteer as my tires are officially too big for the chains that I own. We will play that by ear. I do have a spare tire I'll bring along that I know will fit though.

We will be presenting our very first OB trip. I have some ideas for places to go, just need some people to head those expeditions. We will get a some dates and location pencilled in in this meetup!

See everyone there!

Reactions: stokejob

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Yesterday's meet up was good! Got some hands on time with tire chains, and got some good ideas for training! Next month's meet up is going to be fun and informative! Tell your friends, bring your rigs, come with questions and ideas!

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Date:
February 19th, 2023

Time:
1300hrs -1500hrs PST

1400-1500hrs: the more official meeting where we will discuss topics and share ideas!

Presentations:
This will be a tire repair day. @Mark E has a spare tire that we actually plugged on the Mojave Trail after experiencing an interaction with a tire biter. He threw in 2 plugs, and finished the trip on it until he could get to a tire shop, and 2 years later, it's still holding air! We'll go over the how-tos of tire plugs. We'll go over airing down. And we'll go over jacks and changing tires.

I'm working on an RP for beginning of February so keep an eye for that!

See everyone there!

Jeep n Joe

Rank V

Advocate III

Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Vona
Member #

Thanks Tony, for Sunday's meetup. It was awesome seeing you all and chatting about trips and rigs. Thanks for showing us a thing or two about snow chains and giving us an opportunity to install them ourselves.
I can't wait for the next meet up to learn some other tire repair skills and discuss some upcoming trips.

If you didn't make this one, I highly encourage you to come on out for the next one!

Reactions: BettyWhiteOneSeven

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Just wanted to let everyone know who is planning on attending this months meet up that I was able to secure a sponsor! Tyler from Morrflate is donating some tire plugs for the meetup for the tire plug demonstrations! We will be puncturing a tire that has been patched in the past on The Mojave Trail and we will be practicing how to use tire plugs!

Wanted to give a big thank you to Tyler for helping out with this meet up and the presentation!

The link above is the link to the tire repair kit that I personally carry at all times in my truck.

There are also sidewall patches for getting you off of the trail from Gluetread that are an amazing product! I also have that in my truck at all time, so my spare tire is almost just decorative now. Tyler and the Gluetread team ran the Rubicon Trail all the way through with sidewalls patched and they had no issues! Another amazing product to carry with you!