Central Arkansas XMAS Ride! - 12/28/2018

• HTML tutorial

mason10198

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bryant, Arkansas
Member #

Razorback, we will cross a creek once for sure, but I cannot say whether or not it will be a problem. Depends on the weather as we get closer. If it is an obstacle for you, there is a road right next to it that we/you can use to go around it if you'd like.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Hi I'm very new to anything offroad or overlanding. Is this trail beginner friendly? I have a stock 2018 4R off road. Is this more for something that has a lift and better tires? I see it says medium difficulty, but having 0 experience not sure where it stands for a newbie.
If you have the TRD Off Road model you won't have any problems. Not sure about paint scratches. I'm taking my TRD Pro stock. Never had a problem anywhere.

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Razorback, we will cross a creek once for sure, but I cannot say whether or not it will be a problem. Depends on the weather as we get closer. If it is an obstacle for you, there is a road right next to it that we/you can use to go around it if you'd like.
Jeep warranty says it's good up to 19 inches without a problem. So we'll find out when we get there thanks see y'all on the 28th.

BrandonH

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sounds great thanks for the feedback guys! My main concern was my stock street tires, but maybe after this it’ll give me a good excuse to finally buy some KO2s. Tomorrow I’m going to see if I can take off from work so I’ll report back in.

mason10198

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bryant, Arkansas
Member #

So excited, I can't wait to see everyone there! There will be quite a few that do not have a CB in their rig, so I would suggest everyone bring a GMRS (walkie talkie) as backup. I will have my CB and walkie both on at all times.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We will be skipping the ride. Too much rain in the forecast for us.

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

Damn, unable to make this one... off too much already for the holiday, but I am planning a trip through Ouachita in mid Feb. Can you post the trail start/stop points? Thanks and have a great, safe time.

--LEAVE NO TRACE--

--CCFinOKC

Reactions: Stickman

mason10198

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bryant, Arkansas
Member #

The ride today was great! We had a total of 6 come out today. Had some mud, some decent water crossings, had to replan my route on the fly because some crossings were upassable. I'll try and come back and type more when I get a chance.

Everyone that showed up: here is the Google drive link I promised. Please upload all the vids/pics you got, I'm working on uploading mine now
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y2nzPfmMeNcLpgjz8

Last edited:
Reactions: Razorback

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
The ride today was great! We had a total of 6 come out today. Had some mud, some decent water crossings, had to replan my route on the fly because some crossings were upassable. I'll try and come back and type more when I get a chance.

Everyone that showed up: here is the Google drive link I promised. Please upload all the vids/pics you got, I'm working on uploading mine now
Outstanding. I knew we should have braved it. Next time.

BrandonH

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Thanks again for setting this up. My son and I had a great time! It was a good time getting our feet wet and breaking in the 4R.

Could you repost the google drive link? I don't think it showed up. I got a few photos here and there.

Reactions: Razorback

mason10198

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bryant, Arkansas
Member #

To everyone that missed... this will probably end up being an annual trip, so try again next year!
I'm uploading lots of GoPro/drone vids and whatnot to the album, give me a couple days to get everything transferred on there (slow internet). I will make a short vid of compiled clips and post when it's uploaded as well.
Here's the link again: https://photos.app.goo.gl/y2nzPfmMeNcLpgjz8

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Mason you done an awesome job on planning and execution of this ride. My wife and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. I am looking forward to next year.