Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I just purchased the 4x6 Gladiator Cargo Net. I've used cargo nets here and there, but ended up spending more time trying to untangle the rats nest of a mess. The Gladiator Cargo Net is a little more on the pricier side, but is a pretty sweet set up.20171017_121844.jpg The net comes in a nice case to keep everything neat and together. I currently keep it stored in my Trasharoo for storage. 20171017_122134.jpg Each corner comes with a removable carabiner with an adjustable hook on the other end. I also like the solid screen mesh on the top portion to keep items more secure.20171017_122333.jpg This is the net inside of my Tacoma with a 6' bed. I'll be testing this set up next week when I take my boys to the coast. No more worring about that 1 pillow that's starting to hover after you know you had strapped down. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: khorsa and Merk

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Nice! You could even tie that thing to the bed rails and use it as a hammock to sleep in [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I just ordered the 6.75’ x 8’ based on this post. Occasionally a strap some oversized gear to the top of my trailer mounted RTT and this will be perfect to secure those items.

Reactions: Caddis

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I just ordered the 6.75’ x 8’ based on this post. Occasionally a strap some oversized gear to the top of my trailer mounted RTT and this will be perfect to secure those items.
So my order arrived and I am very impressed.

1A529874-72AB-46B5-8FB5-E326D304872E.jpeg

I did contact Tepui about securing items to the top of the tent and their reply was:

“Unfortunately we can't recommend strapping anything to the top of the tent
for transport. In our experience, it introduces a different air flow, and
extra turbulence put the tent and what was strapped on top at risk for
being blown off.”

I’m not too worried about anything blowing off with this cargo net. Plus the net is secured to the trailer tie-downs adding additional security of holding the tent to the trailer.

E3F0CAD3-CE16-4D6E-A05E-C1B8C5379529.jpeg

One piece of gear I had in mind was camo net and poles. Many times when camping in the desert, shade is hard to come by and the camo net is perfect for that.

D8AC20B4-C364-4B4B-AC71-9AAFEAA8897C.jpeg

I also picked up a couple of bungee cords to tie up the loose ends so nothing is flapping in the wind on the road.

E9A41592-3997-4023-951C-35D713A5C9A9.jpeg

2C3A009A-4D9D-495A-89CF-7D82971A777E.jpeg

Great find, Caddis. Just another example of why I enjoy this forum and the input of its members so much.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Nice! Eventually, once I build my outdoor trailer, it'll be used on that also. But, for now it'll be in the back of my truck. Did you build your trailer?

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Thanks for taking the time to show/post this. I just got mine also, for all the same reasons. I could not be more pleased with it. This would not have happened without seeing your post here. It was just what I had been looking for and needed, seeing your pics really helped.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I didn't see to many reviews on it either. I normally a lot of research before buying things. Glad it helped you all out as well.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

20171028_085959.jpg finally got a chance to give this cargo net a try. After 2.5 hours of driving, I had nothing to worry about. I even double stacked my plano boxes to save space. Nothing moved, or began to hover as I drove. 5 stars on this purchase.

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

heyfish

Rank III
Investor

Member I

California
Member #

I just got back from a 2 week trip with one of these and it was great. I have a F150 with bags/boxes in the back and it covered everything up easily and kept it all secure. We ran into some rain so I put a tarp over the gear and the gladiator on top and it worked great. I would definitely recommend some bungees for the sides since the primary connection points are at the corners and leave the sides loose. Overall a great product and worth the extra $$.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Yep, I ended up buying 2. I left one in my truck, and one in my trailer build.