Resolved Can we change/tune the "frequency" filtering?

• HTML tutorial

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

FWIW the restriction seems tighter than ever, my work PC was blocked basically all day yesterday because I opened 2 threads in tabs, then opened a 3rd via the link in a notification email all within a few minutes.

-TJ

Reactions: KonzaLander

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
FWIW the restriction seems tighter than ever, my work PC was blocked basically all day yesterday because I opened 2 threads in tabs, then opened a 3rd via the link in a notification email all within a few minutes.

-TJ
Same. I have simply decided to not spend as much time here on OB. With only one or two tabs open my use of the site drops dramatically.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Just FYSA I ran into this again this morning. Here's what the workflow looked like: I had 7 new notifications. I clicked the notification bell, to display them, and saw they were replies/quotes or likes in 3 different threads. I right-clicked one notification per thread, and opened those 3 threads in new tabs. I ran into the block by the time the 2nd tab was loading.

-TJ

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

@Jim SoG FYSA this has gotten way worse over the last few days. It seems like the filtering is counting picture loads in it's algorithm because loading a pic-intensive thread pretty much locks me out. I seem to be getting locked out with even just this simple workflow: see I have notifications -> click the "bell" -> right-click 1 notification and open in new tab -> locked out.

-TJ

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
FWIW - this, or similar, used to really affect my ability to access the site and I found that signing out when done perusing really helped. It's just become habit now and I am rarely locked out these days.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

FWIW - this, or similar, used to really affect my ability to access the site and I found that signing out when done perusing really helped. It's just become habit now and I am rarely locked out these days.
That's a shame, and IMHO it really shouldn't be that way. I'm on many other forums of similar scale/profile (so just as likely to be targeted by hackers/bots) and I don't experience this anywhere else.

-TJ

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Looking into this guys - but regardless, this is about to go away with the sites migration to AWS (~3weeks). I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience!

M

Reactions: DRAX and Ubiety

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Looking into this guys - but regardless, this is about to go away with the sites migration to AWS (~3weeks). I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience!

M
Ah, that's great news. I wasn't aware of the AWS migration, but that should be a great change. Thanks for looking into this, and providing such an excellent forum.

-TJ

• Love
Reactions: Michael and Ubiety

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
There was some changes and this should no longer be an issue even before we swap to AWS

Reactions: Ubiety and Michael