anytime

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Still
I'm a fan of Chivas but got used to it so would like to try some whiskeys posted here!

kramme

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Kramme
I live where this is bottled and had never heard of it. Will definitely look for it. Another local distillery, Spirit Works Distillery, makes a pretty good bourbon that I’ve been sipping lately.
I also live in the area where these are made (Novato, CA) So I will try the "Redwood Empire" and now that I see a thumbs up on Spirit Works Distillery I will try that as well. I believe I have see these at Costco at some point. After I try them I will report back.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I also live in the area where these are made (Novato, CA) So I will try the "Redwood Empire" and now that I see a thumbs up on Spirit Works Distillery I will try that as well. I believe I have see these at Costco at some point. After I try them I will report back.
I found they carry their offerings at BevMo. I picked up a bottle of their Lost Monarch, which is a blend of Rye and Bourbon. Sounded interesting and got good reviews. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe tonight.

kramme

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Kramme
I found they carry their offerings at BevMo. I picked up a bottle of their Lost Monarch, which is a blend of Rye and Bourbon. Sounded interesting and got good reviews. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe tonight.
Thanks for the info, I will be checking it out!

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
I prefer a Scotch Whisky over anything else, but I haven't found a favorite, yet. I guess I need to keep drinking..... :smiley:

• Haha
Reactions: JeepingMike

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Thanks for the info, I will be checking it out!
I think this is my new favorite. It’s different but in a good way. It’s got the sweetness of bourbon, but the spiciness of a straight rye. Like the best of both worlds. And at $35 a bottle, a good value for sure.

Attachments

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I think this is my new favorite. It’s different but in a good way. It’s got the sweetness of bourbon, but the spiciness of a straight rye. Like the best of both worlds. And at $35 a bottle, a good value for sure.
Label art is tasteful and well done as well. I don't buy anything for the packaging, but I appreciate good packaging nonetheless