Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

The Bourbons that I've tried from Willett (Willett & Noah's Mill) are very good.

Some amazing whiskies out of Japan, too.. Kurayoshi is pricy, but worth it.

I never bring a bottle.. but there is always a flask of something stashed somewhere in my rig.

20200117_173527.jpg

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

My GF got me a bottle of japanese whiskey for christmas. It is very tasty.

View attachment 135640

How I usually bring my whiskey or tequila.
View attachment 135642
If you enjoyed that 'The Single', you have to try 'The Peeted'.. seriously one of the best I've had in a while.

Ages ago, Japanese distillers went to Scotland to learn whiskey making.. it really shows in that one.

Reactions: Outdoordog

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

If you enjoyed that 'The Single', you have to try 'The Peeted'.. seriously one of the best I've had in a while.

Ages ago, Japanese distillers went to Scotland to learn whiskey making.. it really shows in that one.
I have to cut down on my drinking for health purposes, so I'll have this for a while.

Reactions: WAYAWAY

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

My go to is Pendelton, but I also like Tin Cup. I recently got a bottle of Redemption Rye, and I’m really enjoying it. Ever since reading about it in Craig Johnson’s Longmire book series, I’ve wanted to try Pappy Van Winkles, but it sure is pricey.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a new concoction I was turned on to is Screwball Peanut butter whiskey mixed in a cup of hot cocoa. A single pack of Swiss Miss made with a little less water and 1 shot seems to be a good mix for my personal tastes.

I also found some banana liqueur in the cabinet and a 2:1 Screwball/banana mix makes an interesting night cap!

Reactions: JeepingMike

R302

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chula vista
First Name
ruben
Last Name
ramirez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UXM
I got a couple of bottles of whiskey and scotch (about 30) and I find my self going back to the Buffalo Trace

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

RoamWithJon

Rank 0

Contributor II

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
R
The Bourbons that I've tried from Willett (Willett & Noah's Mill) are very good.

Some amazing whiskies out of Japan, too.. Kurayoshi is pricy, but worth it.

I never bring a bottle.. but there is always a flask of something stashed somewhere in my rig.

View attachment 135742
i always have a Hibiki bottle at my desk and its on sale at bevmo once in a while. Japanese do make some great whiskey lol

Reactions: WAYAWAY

Gone_xtrkn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

Fitzgerald Larceny is my go-to travel Bourbon. Mixes well but nice enough to drink straight from the bottle. $20 for a 5th so you can get a second and pass them around the fire in opposite directions.

Has anybody tried that one that comes in a little metal gas can-style package? I can’t remember the name.

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
was driving thru helen, ga 2 days ago and stopped at a liquor store and saw this....the wife said "it sounds good. get it". went out to the parking lot and we both took a sip and now im stuck with it. what does one use as a mixer for peanut butter whiskey?? :expressionless:

IMG_0396.JPG

Last edited: