Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Not American made, but I’m a big fan of Lagavulin 16 and recently discovered Smokehead. They are both Peaty (smokey) and great for sipping at the campfire.

View attachment 132232
View attachment 132233
I'm big into the Islay peats. If you like smoke, check out Brookladiach Octomore series as well as Compass Box The Peat Monster.

Laphroaig quarter cask is great and won't break the bank. Lagavulin 16 is my go to and I was super excited to score 2 bottles of the Offerman 11 year edition last week.

I also like Glenmorangie for warmer days. Under $50 and with a cube of ice could be mistaken for The Macallan 15

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

And winner of the absolutely most unusual whiskey flavor: Jeptha Creed Bloody Butcher Corn bourbon.

If you've never tried a whiskey made from bloody butcher corn, put that on your list. IMG_20191226_105634.jpeg

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Hi All,

My cooking is usually only tolerable by me so I usually take a couple of bottles of whiskey and scotch to share. I'm looking for recommendations for new American whiskeys to enjoy fireside.

Bull Run from Portland is currently hitting the spot.

For Whisky, the Nectar of my People and my favo(u)rite is Highland Park from Orkney.

What do you enjoy?

Cheers!
Gary

View attachment 131010
Pendleton

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Total newbie about Whiskey. I worked with a guy that I think the only reason he camped was because he and his wife loved sitting around a campfire with a cigar and whiskey. The way he would talk about it, I felt like I was missing out on something.

My whisky buying has been for cooking so I would buy by price, ie cheap. A few time I would take a sip but thought it didn’t do anything for me. I’m not a big drinker, don’t care for beer, tend to like sweeter cocktails. What would you suggest to try? And how? Ice? No ice? Splash of water?

Todd
If you're into sweeter I would try Wild Turkey Honey, some think it is too sweet but I like to sip it over a glass of ice. Generally I give it few minutes in the ice before I start to sip it. It's a good smooth shot too!

Macaki

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
King
Member #

The Bulleit Rye is my general go to. Safeway in my area has it on continuous sale at a really good price.

But I've picked up a bottle of Redneck Riviera to try at our next campfire. Wether its any good or not, at least the fun and memories will be.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

At home, I generally like Lagavulin, Laphroaig, anything smokey. I don't drink as much bourbon, but I don't mind it. Tincup is generally my go-to for camping, or sometimes Makers.
Scout, on the other hand, generally prefers Irish.
View attachment 132842
Check out Compass Box's Peat Monster. I'd say it's even smokier than Laphroaig

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

I usually pack either Angel's Envy or Larceny on our trips for my sippin whisky, then Crown for my mixin whisky. Crown is also my decoy whisky in case someone in my crew decides what's mine is theirs and what theirs is also their's