Camp Table

• HTML tutorial

lostntranz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

el dorado hills
Member #

I use it as a shelf. I can pull out the cases below it, they just slide. Stuff on the table can stay put while I access anything below it.

I use my rig for daily/family things, so I don't use drawer systems or anything. That table allows me to divide the rear.

This is absolutely brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I've been searching for some time a compact, practical camp table. it must fold away to a transportable size yet be sturdy enough to prepare food or allow kit to be organised on.

I'm interested to find out if there is a commonly used item amongst the OB team.

Makes, models, dimensions and approximate prices would be useful

[MERGED with existing thread]

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I just purchased this one a few weeks ago. It is very small when collapsed and rolled and seems pretty sturdy/durable so far. It assembles and disassembles in a few seconds as well. They have a variety of sizes and are very reasonably priced compared to similar products.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

In addition to the table I show in post #9, I also have one like this one above ^^^^ Mine doesn't have a brand name, but loos exactly the same. Mine is about 18" square and about 18" tall.

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

Been really happy with the Camp-Rite table. Super quick and easy setup and folds down to about the size of a camp chair.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KH03U5A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the same one and really like it. I like that the roll top stays attached to the frame and that it packs down to about the size of a long camp chair.

I don't even have to throw it in the basket as it fits width wise in the back of the Forester.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ExploreDesert

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

I went to Walmart today to buy a Coleman 2 burner, and I saw this 4 foot foldable table with extendable legs. Half of it is that white plastic, the other half is a metal mesh. Small, light, compact, and it even has a handle to carry it by. And the best part is my wife likes the idea of putting the stove on the metal mesh side, because she thinks it will melt the plastic on the table, and/or the plastic on the inside of the tailgate. So her not fretting over that will save me some aggravation.
Now, can ya beat that?

OuterLimits

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Macho Grande
Member #

I am a fan of Lifetime tables. They tend to be rugged, yet affordable.
They can be had at Costco and the big box stores.
4428-01.jpg
My camping table is the 4ft folding version. It is currently $43 at Lowes.

https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-4428-4-foot-adjustable-height-fold-in-half-table
4428.jpg

It has multiple height options, folds, and has a carry handle. When packing, I lay it down first and stack gear on top of it.

The feet are a little small, so I went to Lowe's and picked up some larger rubber feet that fit over the existing plastic feet. This helps keep it from sinking in soft ground.

They have a smaller 30"x20" table, but the 4ft model folds down smaller.
8241.jpg
8241-03.jpg

Good luck, TR

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

How do you secure the table in place while traveling?
The table is secure from the front (against cargo barrier) and side to side. It is pretty tight. So it wont slide by itself at all. To properly secure it (other than putting crap on top of it) you can just put straps over the table on each side to the tie down points on the floor.

Reactions: ClearwaterScott

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I am a fan of Lifetime tables. They tend to be rugged, yet affordable.
They can be had at Costco and the big box stores.
View attachment 23785
My camping table is the 4ft folding version. It is currently $43 at Lowes.

https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-4428-4-foot-adjustable-height-fold-in-half-table
View attachment 23784

It has multiple height options, folds, and has a carry handle. When packing, I lay it down first and stack gear on top of it.

The feet are a little small, so I went to Lowe's and picked up some larger rubber feet that fit over the existing plastic feet. This helps keep it from sinking in soft ground.

They have a smaller 30"x20" table, but the 4ft model folds down smaller.
View attachment 23786
View attachment 23787

Good luck, TR
I have the same 4t table... just bought another one at Walmart for under 40 bucks.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Reactions: RainGoat