Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I have a Coleman Triton that works really well for me. Although, if I was in the market to buy a new stove, I’d seriously look at the Camp Chef models.
Those were my two finalists. We went with the Camp Chef because that’s what my wife liked but I preferred the storability of the Triton.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

So I have a partner steel 22", with stand and block off plate for the rig and like it alot, I would say a good 30% of my summer meals are cooked on it the last 2 years. The other 70% is a mix of dutch oven, smoker, grill, and or camp chef with some sort of attachment (pizza oven and griddle are my favorites). But looking at the cost of that Jetboil genesis, 240 base price? Not bad, I like the compactness of it, I like the recessed knobs (still way more exposed than the partner), I like the hose fitting. Not sure if I would go with this or maybe the partner 9" 2 burner folding. Most likely the partner, but the jetboil sure does look nice as well.

Just curious, has anyone had issues with center hose deal? I really see that being an issue in the long run with how they fold up and the pivot this hose assy makes, but they do look nice. Keep this thread going and great looking meals everyone.

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
I've tried a Camp Chef Everest and a Coleman Classic, but my favorite is Stansport Outfitter 2 burner. Great low flame simmer control even in wind. Also I like the twist to ignite vs the push button igniter because the stove doesn't slide around while starting it.

Reactions: RainGoat

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

Thanks for all the insight and suggestions. just happen to be in the same spot. Think I'll go with the Camp Chef, similra to the Primus I owned for many years.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I've tried a Camp Chef Everest and a Coleman Classic, but my favorite is Stansport Outfitter 2 burner. Great low flame simmer control even in wind. Also I like the twist to ignite vs the push button igniter because the stove doesn't slide around while starting it.
That’s a great point. I had to add a front handle & rubber feet to counteract that on my Camp Chef

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
We use the triton as well and it has served us well for a few years now.
My wife is a great chef and is very comfortable using it.

Reactions: RainGoat

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We use one of my variety of Coleman white gas stoves. We have a single burner backpack style that usually stays in my X, a small two burner if there's just a couple of us, a larger two burner if we're going to use the griddle or oven, and a three burner for whole family trips. They all work great and I've not paid over $25 for any of them.

Reactions: Anak and PapaDave

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

My current main stove is a Eureka inspire XL. It has run well so far. It is nice because I can lit it to others and use one large tank. There is also a jet boil that will link to it so I can boil coffee water and still have 2 burners to cool from. I it is big enough for my 10 inch cast iron and a medium pot.

BIG4570

Rank 0

Contributor I

My current main stove is a Eureka inspire XL. It has run well so far. It is nice because I can lit it to others and use one large tank. There is also a jet boil that will link to it so I can boil coffee water and still have 2 burners to cool from. I it is big enough for my 10 inch cast iron and a medium pot.
I love my jet boil. I never cook in it, its reserved for coffee only. The french press attachment makes a really nice cup, super fast.

Reactions: JimInBC

RangerChief

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've always liked the looks of those Camp Chef Everest stoves. I need to try one out. My old Coleman stove was stolen last month, and I need to replace it.

Decisions, decisions........

• Sad
Reactions: TerryD

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
I think I like the JetBoil Genesis 2. I’ve had the Skottle, but sold it. I think the JetBoil with the extra pots is pretty cool and still cheaper than a Skottle and packs way smaller than a Camp Chef especially went you have to bring your own pots.

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
Well I bit the bullet and bought a Partner Steel 22 cook stove and also got the flat griddle to go with it. I wanted something heavy duty that will last forever and with places we go to sturdy as well

Reactions: utspoolup

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

You will like it. I like mine. I went with a Lodge griddle as I personally think Cast Iron is the bomb. Just FYI the Lodge LDP3 fits great on the 22" and it only cost $20-30, and is cast iron, and has a grill on the other side! But both are American made awesome.

Reactions: Caligirlnic