Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

tarouszars

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spanish Fork, Utah
Member #

Took my daughter to capital reef this week. Hardly anyone was in the north end and we had a blast. Got a little crazy with the wind. Solid Rock under the sand prevented me from staking the tent all the way. I should have moved but figured it would be ok. Crazy winds all night yanked the stakes out of the ground and I had to tear down camp at 5:00am and sleep in the 4Runner.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Did a quick shakedown out at Carrizo Plain last weeekend. First night we camped up on a nice bluff overlooking the valley. IMG_3952.JPG IMG_4041.JPG IMG_4040.JPG Second day grabbed a spot at the campground for my buddy Pat, OB #4633 with his blacked out Tacoma which is currently being built up for some off-road adventures. IMG_3966.JPG IMG_4070.JPG

Contributor I

Rogers, Arkansas, USA
First Name
Braden
Last Name
King
Member #

This is called the "Blue Hole" it's an old rock quarry that filled up and the minerals from the rocks turn the color a crystal blue green year around. Middle of National Forest in Arkansas.

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Do know the name of that camp site ?

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app
It's up on Prewitt Ridge. That particular site isn't named on any map we can see. There's about 3-5 nearby that don't seem to have been named. No numbers, not "reservable". Jaw dropping spot. Send me a message if you want to try to get there and I'll give you some direction if I can!

Reactions: john casson

vonfogel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burbank, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Fogel
Member #

Campsites from our Easter weekend camping trip!

The rig and our tent at the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA:
17952979_959901198266_2699621964333267424_n-1.jpg

View of the Alabama Hills and Mount Whitney from the tent:
IMG_6634.JPG

Our campsite at the Trona Pinnacles. Didn't realize how phallic the pinnacles are until I got home and looked at my photos...
IMG_6599.JPG