Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Mexico, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Malette
Member #

Very nice! Where is the first picture with the trees at? The others look like Valley of the Gods maybe…
Valley of the Gods is correct, the campsite with the cottonwoods is here (37.58316, -109.59299) along Cottonwood Creek, east of Natural Bridges, west of Blanding on BLM up FS 228 or South Elk Road on OnX Offroad. I'm looking forward to heading back up with way as OnX says you can take some forms of this road up from the access I went in on at route 95 and get to Moab. The changing landscape is wild with the red rock of Valley of the Gods not that far south. Incredible mountain views off rt 95 looking north into Manti - La Sal NF.

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Very nice! Where is the first picture with the trees at? The others look like Valley of the Gods maybe…
Valley of the Gods is correct, the campsite with the cottonwoods is here (37.58316, -109.59299) along Cottonwood Creek, east of Natural Bridges, west of Blanding on BLM up FS 228 or South Elk Road on OnX Offroad. I'm looking forward to heading back up with way as OnX says you can take some forms of this road up from the access I went in on at route 95 and get to Moab. The changing landscape is wild with the red rock of Valley of the Gods not that far south. Incredible mountain views off rt 95 looking north into Manti - La Sal NF.
I’ve been out that way a couple times now but not to camp and overland unfortunately. I’m really hoping to get back out there again this year and do a good bit of just that. Like you, I love the ever changing landscape, it’s just incredible how much there to see just in our country alone. Last year was the first time I was able to make it out west and I love it. Very nice pictures and thank you for the information as well.

Psfracer

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Fercho
Alabama Hills, near Mt Whitney / Lone Pine, CA - full moon made night almost like day out there. Campsite with trailer. Getting into overlanding now as I really want to go to more remote areas that the trailer won’t be able to reach. Or perhaps have it at a nearby campsite and treat it as a home base while doing a bunch of day excursions. We will see.
63A73CA3-6739-4EA1-B0FB-38A6BB81187F.jpeg

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Alabama Hills, near Mt Whitney / Lone Pine, CA - full moon made night almost like day out there. Campsite with trailer. Getting into overlanding now as I really want to go to more remote areas that the trailer won’t be able to reach. Or perhaps have it at a nearby campsite and treat it as a home base while doing a bunch of day excursions. We will see.
View attachment 252514
Beautiful! Love that place!

Reactions: Lone Wolf 1965

Oliver_29d3c7

Rank II

Enthusiast II

First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Kanervikkoaho
This is directly after the first water crossing on the way to Flag Pole Knob from the Switzer Lake side. It was just a day trip to relax. Brought some food to cook up, a book to read and let the sounds of nature and blaring music from other people driving by fill our ears. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

20220918_135420.jpg

20220918_135532.jpg