Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I love the cabin, we've been trying to get away for Thanksgiving for years, but it also falls right in or around my wife's birthday each year. The kids are a little older now, so maybe next year.
I understand. Our anniversary is always a day or two before or after Thanksgiving. However, the wife is fine spending it away.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Gotta say I love camp photos. For some overlanding is all about the drive and getting their rigs over and through somewhat insurmountable terrain. That just scares the hell outta me...almost always we travel as one. Camp is time to relax and take in the satisfaction of getting there ; )

Shangri-la County, Yunnan, China...3400m elevation

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Gotta say I love camp photos. For some overlanding is all about the drive and getting their rigs over and through somewhat insurmountable terrain. That just scares the hell outta me...almost always we travel as one. Camp is time to relax and take in the satisfaction of getting there ; )

Love the horses! Great spot.

Reactions: Lone Wolf 1965

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond

Love the horses! Great spot.
Ya...likewise...horses and yaks just seem to materialize outta nowhere. Neither seem to branded but have different colours of wool woven into their hair. Some of the best bareback riders I've seen are up here on the TibetanPlateau...definitely the real deal when comes ranchin'

Attachments

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Kloakut Lake BC last Sept

5:45 Am

Breakfast on the go

hi Richard

Beautiful spot...gotta say BC has some of the best there is to offer. Born and raised ; )

How do you find your RTT side mounted...we mounted ours so that the overhang offers some shelter to the back. Didn't have anyone to pick their brains. Just curious....

Steve

Attachments

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
hi Richard

Beautiful spot...gotta say BC has some of the best there is to offer. Born and raised ; )

How do you find your RTT side mounted...we mounted ours so that the overhang offers some shelter to the back. Didn't have anyone to pick their brains. Just curious....

Steve
@Sea Diamond

Hi Steve no choice on that one, it is designed to side open only I think it is because of the small size it is a Tepui Ayer 2. It could be modified pretty easily for a rear open, but it really makes no difference for me. I travel solo and the Discovery is pretty stable, with that big barn door on the back I am not sure a rear open would work for me anyway.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
@Sea Diamond

Hi Steve no choice on that one, it is designed to side open only I think it is because of the small size it is a Tepui Ayer 2. It could be modified pretty easily for a rear open, but it really makes no difference for me. I travel solo and the Discovery is pretty stable, with that big barn door on the back I am not sure a rear open would work for me anyway.
Gotcha...ours is a 3 man so offers more protection that ways. Love the "big barn door" description...funny. Have you heard of the Rover-Landers of BC?

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@Sea Diamond yup current Vice Pres and Newsletter editor - got "railroaded into both" but seriously a good group to trundle about with

Gotcha...ours is a 3 man so offers more protection that ways. Love the "big barn door" description...funny. Have you heard of the Rover-Landers of BC?

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond

Attachments