Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 169642
Tamarack Lake in the Lakes Basin area near Gold Lake, CA
Small Block V-8?, dual tanks, 31 Inch tires?..........NICE :hearteyes:. Auto or Manuel?( 3 speed on the tree). Just like the last small 1975? land cruisers (FJ40?), The last year of the small Bronco had all the refinements. I knew 2 people who had the FJ gen LC's, and loved them. I went to school with this classmate who for many years afterword, he and his older sister drove those early land cruisers, both 3 speed and a 4 speed version.

You can still find the older FJ's around here and there, but the early Broncos have become a rare bird. They did not become a appreciated collector item till late, and therefore did not become preserved like the small Land Cruisers.

My sister and BIL had a original small scout for a number of years. They even had the roof cap addition as a side piece which allowed you to make a MINI Pickup if wanted(Rare accessory) rather than the standard enclosed version. They only sold it because of our counties smog test requirements, and not wanting to restore it. The person who bought it,.....scored. They went on afterward to a full size Bronco.

E.O.T.D.

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North Georgia
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Campbell
New here... put my intro up in the correct section but will def be spending time in the photography sub groups... have been an amateur photographer for years and love playing with cameras almost as much as vehicles and exploring. I'm making the transition from motorcycle overloading / adventure riding to 4 wheels due to the family growing and will definitely have some shots of us exploring in the 4Runner....

Here's some of my favorites from a Motorcycle trip with my wife a few years back. We travelled and camped off my BMW and I had the honor of introducing my wife to the Grand Canyon for her first time and did it in style. We traveled 35-40 miles off pavement down dirt roads and washes on my BMW GS to get to this campsite overlooking the south rim of the Canyon. The first pic is her very first view, right as she got off the bike and walked over to the edge, without a tourist or guardrail for 30 miles! Second pic is a long exposure that night and the third from next morning looking over the edge, all just feet from where we slept.

IMG_7483.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_6652.JPG

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

New here... put my intro up in the correct section but will def be spending time in the photography sub groups... have been an amateur photographer for years and love playing with cameras almost as much as vehicles and exploring. I'm making the transition from motorcycle overloading / adventure riding to 4 wheels due to the family growing and will definitely have some shots of us exploring in the 4Runner....

Here's some of my favorites from a Motorcycle trip with my wife a few years back. We travelled and camped off my BMW and I had the honor of introducing my wife to the Grand Canyon for her first time and did it in style. We traveled 35-40 miles off pavement down dirt roads and washes on my BMW GS to get to this campsite overlooking the south rim of the Canyon. The first pic is her very first view, right as she got off the bike and walked over to the edge, without a tourist or guardrail for 30 miles! Second pic is a long exposure that night and the third from next morning looking over the edge, all just feet from where we slept.

View attachment 170049

View attachment 170050

View attachment 170051
Awesome! I love seeing those Aerostich suits in action.

Reactions: E.O.T.D.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign