Rescue, CA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Daubert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6NFN
We traveled the Plumas National Forest National Forest Discovery Route this weekend. One daughter on the road book and the other one on coms. Route is highly recommended. Easy to route, lots of camping options, resupply in Quincy if needed, beautiful scenery.

Attachments

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
How is the road getting in there these days? Last time I was in there we made with a with a stock 2wd cherokee. Curious how bad they are now?
It wasn’t too bad except for maybe one small section. I’m in a slightly lifted 4WD Tacoma with KO2s. There were a few bone stock Subarus that made it past the second creek crossing though. Up at the lake it was mostly full size pickups and Jeeps. I even saw a Chevy Astro van go by. Total hero, that guy. I even took a picture of him.C63713EA-D582-4B33-803E-B263B54EF810.jpeg

Jarred

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Jarred
Last Name
Fedor
Member #

It wasn’t too bad except for maybe one small section. I’m in a slightly lifted 4WD Tacoma with KO2s. There were a few bone stock Subarus that made it past the second creek crossing though. Up at the lake it was mostly full size pickups and Jeeps. I even saw a Chevy Astro van go by. Total hero, that guy. I even took a picture of him.View attachment 163888
Aaah rad so there I still hope for us to make it through, glad to hear it!. I've honestly never seen others out there whenever visiting, looks like the word might be out now haha.

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Yeah I went Saturday night only but by the time I left Sunday morning it had cleared out for he most part. I think most people left before dark on Saturday. Lots of people parking at the bottom and hiking in for the day too. Great spot. Can’t wait to go back!

Reactions: Jarred