Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

@picklejuice , How was the camping on Mount Hamilton? I didn't even know you could camp up there.
Was really good! I'm still a novice, so I don't have a good point of reference, but it's pretty easy to make reservations (even during camping season), good amenities like toilets, faucets, and I think showers, and it's pretty quiet. I'd definitely go back. It look about an hour from the Peninsula, so it's not far at all. Nice weekend trip.

Reactions: Mike G

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Was really good! I'm still a novice, so I don't have a good point of reference, but it's pretty easy to make reservations (even during camping season), good amenities like toilets, faucets, and I think showers, and it's pretty quiet. I'd definitely go back. It look about an hour from the Peninsula, so it's not far at all. Nice weekend trip.
@picklejuice Thanks for the information. You should check out Prewitt Ridge campground just south of Big Sur. Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive from San Jose. It's a primitive campsite with picnic tables and fire rigs. Its first come first serve camp grounds, its BLM land so its free camping. If you do go, don't go in the summer, try going in late fall thru late spring time. You should also check out the Old Coast Road from Bixby Bridge. Great little dirt road trail that takes you above HWY 1.

https://www.theoutbound.com/san-francisco/camping/camp-on-prewitt-ridge

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

@picklejuice Thanks for the information. You should check out Prewitt Ridge campground just south of Big Sur. Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive from San Jose. It's a primitive campsite with picnic tables and fire rigs. Its first come first serve camp grounds, its BLM land so its free camping. If you do go, don't go in the summer, try going in late fall thru late spring time. You should also check out the Old Coast Road from Bixby Bridge. Great little dirt road trail that takes you above HWY 1.

https://www.theoutbound.com/san-francisco/camping/camp-on-prewitt-ridge

Thanks! I saw Old Coast in my California Off-Road book that I recently got off of Amazon. I'll have to check out Prewitt Ridge. And I like free!

Reactions: Mike G

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
How about yuppie camping photos? Best I've got. My son turns 5 next week. Wants to go camping but it's 100 degrees 95% humidity and forecast rain all week. He also got really bad eczema so the heat doesn't help. So we comprised with this. Got the 14 T4R off road for about 200 yards before the mall crawler tires tried to rip off the inner fender lining lol.