• HTML tutorial

DCFISK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

LANTANA, TX
Member #

Vidkun, hope you can open this link. Google earth
I traced the route and marked the entrance to that campsite. There are many other really good looking campsites on the trail though. Finding one is part is the adventure! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

vidkun

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bentonville, AR
Member #

Vidkun, hope you can open this link. Google earth
I traced the route and marked the entrance to that campsite. There are many other really good looking campsites on the trail though. Finding one is part is the adventure! [emoji106]

Awesome, thanks! I'll have to open it when I get home from work, but should work fine. Thanks!

DRLExpress

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Estacada OR
Member #

That's OK. I was just curious. I am just a beginner at this computer map stuff but this just caught my eye because I like that area. Years ago we lived in AR. and almost bought 108ac just north of Mena. Love the area. Hot and humid in the summer. Now live in OR. wet and gray in winter, oh well, no place is perfect.

Second thought maybe I could use that KMZ file for practice. Messaged you my email.

Thanks
Doug

DCFISK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

LANTANA, TX
Member #

That's OK. I was just curious. I am just a beginner at this computer map stuff but this just caught my eye because I like that area. Years ago we lived in AR. and almost bought 108ac just north of Mena. Love the area. Hot and humid in the summer. Now live in OR. wet and gray in winter, oh well, no place is perfect.

Second thought maybe I could use that KMZ file for practice. Messaged you my email.

Thanks
Doug
Ha, with all that fog, we felt the humidity you described! I will shoot it over to you shortly.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Quick overnighter to Seven Springs CCC Campground just north of Cave Creek, AZ. Hit the road the next day and followed FR24 up to Bloody Basin Rd. and then over to I17 and up to meet some friends in Camp Verde. Nothing too intense although Bloody Basin Road has degraded a bit since the last time I was on it.

-Curtiss

Wotan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Der
Last Name
Wotan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE3R
From Spring 2016. Ruby was mostly stock at the time. Here, I camped near "Needles Overlook" by Canyonlands National Park (UT), capturing the sunset, and the Galactic Center later that night.

Attachments

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Today I found a photo I forgot that I took earlier this summer. This was a few photos stitched together to form a small pano. (Needed the pano to get some sky as the 24mm lens was not wide enough to get both the foreground and much sky. 2 frames, 30 sec at f5.6 ISO 1250 for foreground and 30 sec at f4 ISO 3200 for sky.)

Shot in July up at Glendo SP in Wyoming of campmates enjoying the fire:

Glendo.jpg

Boort