Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

We were back in Mendocino National Forest this last weekend too!
Although we criss-crossed the forest through a lot of scarcely visited areas we camped in some easy places.

Deer Valley Campground
again:
600_9794.jpg

We almost made it to Plaskett Meadows Campground but had to turn back just 2 miles away because of snow.
600_9846.jpg

We stopped by Board Tree Campground on the way back to Lake Pillsbury, but its pretty exposed for a high altitude site.
600_9850.jpg

Oak Flat Campground at Lake Pillsbury had tons of people although everyone was pretty well behaved.
600_9859.jpg

We didn't discover til Sunday that Bear Creek was passable for the first time in months, so we went up to Letts Lake. Not a sole in site! Really wished we'd had one more night in the woods.
600_9875.jpg 600_9877.jpg

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

Nice, looks like you guys had a great trip too.
It was fantastic, maybe our best trip there yet. My friend saw/surprised 4 brown bears on Saturday evening along the M6 on the way back to Pillsbury. One adult, and later two cubs with mom who turned around and stood on her back legs to look at Scott's truck before high tailing it off the road. We've never seen them before so this was pretty impressive.

Reactions: mtn_nic

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

It was fantastic, maybe our best trip there yet. My friend saw/surprised 4 brown bears on Saturday evening along the M6 on the way back to Pillsbury. One adult, and later two cubs with mom who turned around and stood on her back legs to look at Scott's truck before high tailing it off the road. We've never seen them before so this was pretty impressive.
Wow, in the Pinnacle Rock area I was surprised that we saw no wildlife at all.

Tahoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Fair Oaks, california
Member #

We were back in Mendocino National Forest this last weekend too!
Although we criss-crossed the forest through a lot of scarcely visited areas we camped in some easy places.

Deer Valley Campground
again:
View attachment 23154

We almost made it to Plaskett Meadows Campground but had to turn back just 2 miles away because of snow.
View attachment 23155

We stopped by Board Tree Campground on the way back to Lake Pillsbury, but its pretty exposed for a high altitude site.
View attachment 23156

Oak Flat Campground at Lake Pillsbury had tons of people although everyone was pretty well behaved.
View attachment 23157

We didn't discover til Sunday that Bear Creek was passable for the first time in months, so we went up to Letts Lake. Not a sole in site! Really wished we'd had one more night in the woods.
View attachment 23158 View attachment 23159
Nice! where is that water crossing?

Mark Nichols

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sherwood, AR
Member #

IMG_1099.JPG IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0886.JPG The camper is at Hot Spring Off Road Park last weekend for a children's hospital charity run.
The tent site is at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area for SCARR 2016.
The cabin is at Hidden Falls Adventure Park for Hill Country Rover Rally 2016.
Ok I guess I'll kick this off.

This is August 28th just last Friday up at Lake Alpine!

View attachment 7