Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Late September 2023 / Colorado early morning somewhere off the Rimrocker Trail

20230925_073254.jpg

Late September 2023 / Undisclosed Slot Canyon / Utah - look close and see ruins from the First Nation people that are over one thousand years old. - Waóhola

20230926_170851.jpg
20230926_175957.jpg

Late September 2023 / Central Utah Jeep trail exploration

20230928_094717.jpg
20230928_190917.jpg
20230927_182344.jpg

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Reactions: Lone Wolf 1965

HaveeBear2

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Maryland
First Name
Javi
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
From this weekend, we went to Cove Campground in VA. Did some fishing, some shooting, had a great time with childhood friends.

*Not my beard.
How do you like the Cove? Haven't been there, but seemed a bit pricey esp with the GW NF so close....

Reactions: Lone Wolf 1965

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
From this weekend, we went to Cove Campground in VA. Did some fishing, some shooting, had a great time with childhood friends.

*Not my beard.
How do you like the Cove? Haven't been there, but seemed a bit pricey esp with the GW NF so close....
It was a nice camp and facilities, for 2 nights and all day gun range use I paid $65. Fishing is included with your stay plus a few other things like the beach etc. IMO well worth it and I can't wait to bring my wife and kid next time.

That said, there's no "adventure" to be had there like you could find in NFs. Just a nice campground for friends and family to hang out.

Ebrinker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, Loudoun County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Brinkman
Member #

*Not my beard.
It was a nice camp and facilities, for 2 nights and all day gun range use I paid $65. Fishing is included with your stay plus a few other things like the beach etc. IMO well worth it and I can't wait to bring my wife and kid next time.

That said, there's no "adventure" to be had there like you could find in NFs. Just a nice campground for friends and family to hang out.
I believe the Capital Land Cruiser Club had their annual Fall Crawl there this past weekend!

Last edited:

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

My son and I had a good time dispersed camping last weekend at Uwharrie NF. Steaks over the fire, mac & cheese and veggies on the stove, cookies in the Dutch oven. Pancakes and leftover cookies for breakfast.

Attachments