Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I have one of those Coleman 200cc mini bikes to help explore or scout ahead when I'm out.
Yesterday, I made a ramp and a bracket to secure the front wheel in the bed.
The only issue is that I have to swivel down the handle bar to fit under the cap of my Tacoma.
It misses by 3/4" :neutral:
I need to get a ramp. So close, probably not too much trouble swinging the bars down.

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Do e-bikes count?
I don’t have any but all the local youths are always popping wheelies on the lil torque beasts

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Do e-bikes count?
I don’t have any but all the local youths are always popping wheelies on the lil torque beasts
I guess some e-bikes could be included, like the Suron or Segway. They are built more in line of a dirtbike. Even some of the fatbikes like a Trek Farley 5 e-bike would probably fit the bill. I just don't think every e-bike is built to withstand the terrain challenges of off asphalt exploration.

I guess what I am saying is, Can a Toyota Camry go off-road....Yes it can. Should it....Not recommended!

Last edited:
Reactions: HighVoltOverland

TacoRocco

Rank I

Contributor III

Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada
First Name
M
Last Name
B
Totally on board with the mini bike addition to my exploration setup. Bought a BT200X last year and then sold it because I was going to get into a Royal Enfield Himalayan. Fast forward and thinking about it logically, it's way cheaper and practical to utilize a mini bike for exploring trails around camp than lugging up a massive motorcycle. Waited for the first sale and got back into the mini bike with a RB200 at $850 Canadian but not before I found an insurance broker that would insure it and today I went and got off road plates for it at the ministry of transport. P.S. My brother got one too. lol

IMG_6964.JPG

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Totally on board with the mini bike addition to my exploration setup. Bought a BT200X last year and then sold it because I was going to get into a Royal Enfield Himalayan. Fast forward and thinking about it logically, it's way cheaper and practical to utilize a mini bike for exploring trails around camp than lugging up a massive motorcycle. Waited for the first sale and got back into the mini bike with a RB200 at $850 Canadian but not before I found an insurance broker that would insure it and today I went and got off road plates for it at the ministry of transport. P.S. My brother got one too. lol

View attachment 256494
Heck ya! Just gotta get one more in the family and I think that will officially make a mini bike gang!

Reactions: TacoRocco

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Do e-bikes count?
I guess some e-bikes could be included, like the Suron or Segway. They are built more in line of a dirtbike. Even some of the fatbikes like a Trek Farley 5 e-bike would probably fit the bill. I just don't think every e-bike is built to withstand the terrain challenges of off asphalt exploration.

I guess what I am saying is, Can a Toyota Camry go off-road....Yes it can. Should it....Not recommended!
I was thinking of the Volcon Grunt, Super73, and the SurRon style e mopeds

DangitDad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

So the Coleman minibike thing... Just picked up a B100 and a BT200X from our local Camping World. The service techs at CW said they did the initial assembly and setup. The 100 ran like crap when we got it. After an unsuccessful attempt at getting Coleman to reasonably accomodate some warranty work, I gave up and took it into a local small engine shop. The guy found multiple small things to adjust. Runs like a champ now. I decided to have him go over the 200 as well, where he found a few things to improve. The kids are loving them! I just need to get my Kawasaki 300 going too. Certainly not to smoke them punks on the trail...no, not at all. :)

In short, while mini bikes can be a freakin' blast, you might consider spending another $100 to get a pro to fine-tune it, if you didn't do the assembly yourself.

Not to disparage Coleman too much, but they couldn't find a local shop willing to do warranty work and after they found one about 2 hours away, they weren't willing to pay me for my time to get it there and back. They've ghosted me at this point...