Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arlington, VA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Liles
Member #

Well, I have to confess, this past weekend, on a 4 day trip, I switched over to the old french press. We were in middle VT, and I got some weird flavored coffee grounds, as I had totally forgotten my coffee at home. It is like a caramel something or other. Being a man that drinks coffee black, it tasted odd.
Then I added a touch of maple syrup.
I now have a new love of flavored coffee, lol. Just a hint of sweet in it, made it SO much better! I have resurrected my french press!!

Attachments

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
This is going to sound funny, but I use that exact coffee in my cookie dough. Makes a great flavor! Follow the recipe of your favorite cookie as-is, just toss a tablespoon or 2 of this in before you mix.

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

What are you guys doing for camp coffee! Poor overs, French press, instant, and what kind of coffee are y’all drinking! Am I the only one that picks up a bag from every trip to try?!
Before leaving town, I’ll pick up a 1/4 lbs of light roast from Peet’s and gladly accept the free cup of drip brew they offer me. I ask the barista to grind the beans coarse for my French press. For a full French press, I add 4tbsp grounds and steep with lid on (press up) for 10 min. Lovely…

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

We've used a french press in the past. This last trip we switched to Stanley's pour over system, since it sits right on top of our yeti mugs. First cup was really bad, then we read the instructions. It got much better after that lol. Stumptown pre-ground coffee for us. I think it's ground a bit to course for the stanley though, I wouldn't mind seeing if we could grind our own a bit finer.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

A bit of a hodgepodge for me as well. Historically it was a percolator but as we tried to downsize the kit we have tried instant, the GoJo coffee straw and the Aeropress. All are fine for camp but a good instant (I know) sure makes it easy.