Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
With all the positive feedback about the aero press, I went ahead and ordered one and I’m gonna give it a shot. I’ve been a French press person for 20 years let’s see how this aero press stacks up!
Aeropress cleanup is super quick and easy and can be done without water if you desire. Let us know how you like it.
So I made my 1st cup of coffee today out of the aero press in the comfort of my own home. It does make great coffee and it is super easy to clean up. It’s going to make a great addition to camping I do wish it gave a little bit larger capacity for larger cups of coffee I feel like I have to make two for myself to fill a coffee cup but maybe that’s because I bought a smaller size aero press. But overall I am super thrilled about this!

Reactions: Ubiety and itarin

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
At home, old fashioned SS percolator using freshly ground dark roast beans. On the trail, I use the Stanley Press with pre ground coffee. 8 o’clock dark French roast makes great trail coffee. The press packs away easily and is indestructible. 8F8D8545-3631-4C61-ABDA-18261E06608B.jpeg

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

I like visiting the local shops along the way, then buying their beans - kinda to remember the trip.
Use the GIS outdoors JavaMill, either the insulated 'bucks French press or a stainless pour-over. The pour-over has been getting more use since my wife has switched to decaf. I do have a moka pot depending on the mood I'm in when packing for a trip. (reference to the Tommy Siegel coffee preparation method comic)

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS

Attachments

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
French press, pre-ground and measured coffee beans, and a stove top kettle. So good, plus it makes about 4 cups of coffee.
lol nice shot! That campground looks nice! And French press still feels like the best coffee Especially when making it for more than one person! We bought a ginormous French person can do four large cups of coffee. And it’s insulated so it doesn’t get cold like the glass one does. Nor do I have to worry about it breaking like the last one or one before that and possibly one before that.. :-/

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Thanks! Yeah it was beautiful there. I agree, French press is a great alternative for camping - and that’s awesome you have a bigger insulated one that isn’t broken as easy (and bummer about all your previous ones!). I might have to get something like what you have for future camping trips as we like to drink more than one cup of coffee and it would be nice to have the coffee not cool off so quickly.

French press, pre-ground and measured coffee beans, and a stove top kettle. So good, plus it makes about 4 cups of coffee.
lol nice shot! That campground looks nice! And French press still feels like the best coffee Especially when making it for more than one person! We bought a ginormous French person can do four large cups of coffee. And it’s insulated so it doesn’t get cold like the glass one does. Nor do I have to worry about it breaking like the last one or one before that and possibly one before that.. :-/

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Thanks! Yeah it was beautiful there. I agree, French press is a great alternative for camping - and that’s awesome you have a bigger insulated one that isn’t broken as easy (and bummer about all your previous ones!). I might have to get something like what you have for future camping trips as we like to drink more than one cup of coffee and it would be nice to have the coffee not cool off so quickly.

Think this is what we got if your interested..

Large French Press Coffee Maker with Extra Filters for a Richer and Fuller Coffee Flavor, Designed with Double Wall Black Stainless Steel to Preserve Hot Coffee Temperature (50oz) [UPGRADED] https://a.co/d/dDL4Lei

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Thanks so much for the link! Looks awesome!

Think this is what we got if your interested..

Large French Press Coffee Maker with Extra Filters for a Richer and Fuller Coffee Flavor, Designed with Double Wall Black Stainless Steel to Preserve Hot Coffee Temperature (50oz) [UPGRADED] https://a.co/d/dDL4Lei

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
I like my instant coffee. I honestly think its a holdover from the Army lol. I like the Nescafe instant packets, second is Folgers.
I will never, ever turn down a cup of coffee though! I prefer MAKING instant, but have no issues partaking of other's brews if offered :)

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What are you guys doing for camp coffee! Poor overs, French press, instant, and what kind of coffee are y’all drinking! Am I the only one that picks up a bag from every trip to try?!
In my opinion there is nothing better than a Greek Coffee in the morning. Also know as Arabic, Turkish, or Cypriot coffee.

Mix coffee with water and let it brew.

Attachments

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Usually percolate my coffee in the morning when I'm not in a rush to get going. I like watching the coffee through the glass knob and it can actually make a pretty good cup of coffee. Though I do carry some Starbucks instant coffee packs for something quick and easy, or I have some canned cold-brew if it's kinda warm out and want something even quicker and easier.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
What are you guys doing for camp coffee! Poor overs, French press, instant, and what kind of coffee are y’all drinking! Am I the only one that picks up a bag from every trip to try?!
In my opinion there is nothing better than a Greek Coffee in the morning. Also know as Arabic, Turkish, or Cypriot coffee.

Mix coffee with water and let it brew.
Now that looks good and I need to try this immediately! Super cool!

Reactions: JaredThomsen

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I've pretty much tried it all. Perc, press, etc. Any coffee is better than no coffee. I have been grinding beans every morning and doing the pour over. Did that on two months trip around the Rockies. Time wasn't a big factor in the morning but it did take some extra water for cleanup. About a month ago I went off fishing and forgot my pour over screen so I went to the store and picked up some Nescafe instant. I like it strong so I put about double what they called for. Dang, that was pretty good! Apparently they have made some advances in the last few years with the freeze drying or such. I still do the pour over at home in the mornings but if I go for a cup in the early afternoon I often use the instant. It's a good changeup. I will likely use the instant in the field henceforth.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

I definitely grab a bag from wherever I go! I use a french press on my travels. My brother, being the coffee snob that he is, has "suggested" that I get a hand held grinder to bring with me to make my coffee experience that much better. I don't disagree with him, but am also lazy in the morning! :laughing: