California Vintage Plates

• HTML tutorial

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I have to send mine in manually because of the "O"s and "0"s apparently. Got all the paperwork filled out!

M
Wait, What? I just noticed that the O and 0's are the same. The DMV.CA.GOV website doesn't even offer a zero!
I wonder if I should send in my request manually as well?

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I have to send mine in manually because of the "O"s and "0"s apparently. Got all the paperwork filled out!

M
for what its worth using a zero is not an option due to it causing confusion when calling in a plate number. youll have to use o's and can do that online.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wait, What? I just noticed that the O and 0's are the same. The DMV.CA.GOV website doesn't even offer a zero!
I wonder if I should send in my request manually as well?
As long as it lets you place the order you are fine. If there is any question, it wont complete the purchase and you have to send in.

That's what happened to me. I called the DMV and they said that it was because of the number of 0s Os in the plate. They have to approve manually.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

As long as it lets you place the order you are fine. If there is any question, it wont complete the purchase and you have to send in.

That's what happened to me. I called the DMV and they said that it was because of the number of 0s Os in the plate. They have to approve manually.
Huh, i didnt realize it was because of the number of o's. Ive seen people with plates like XKXXXKX to try and confuse cops. Probably some automated filter to prevent that type of stuff. Theyre catching on!!! Lol

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #