CA Oceano Dunes - Coastal Commission Votes Unanimously to Force OHV Closure in 3 Years

• HTML tutorial

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Ten voting commissioners were part of tonight's discussion. They originally had wanted to phase out OHV over the next five years, but at the meeting, it was amended to three years. :angry:

Nighttime vehicular use will be prohibited except in camping sections in the park unless restricted by other prohibitions. Pier Avenue will also be closed July 1, 2022 instead of July 1, 2021.
I suppose we should be happy the allowed some public comment, as 3 years ago they didn't even bother with the first closure meeting. However it doesn't matter, our overlords doth decree...

I suspect Cal 4 Wheelers who lead the charge last time will reply and form a legal plan to help combat this tyranny; along with groups like American Sand Association. We will need a lot more help though and public outcry.

Just as a little history aside: Bruce Meyers (Rippit in Peace!), inventor of the Meyers Manx "Dune Buggy" aka "Baja Bug" got his idea from watching the "water-pumper" home-built vehicles at Pismo Beach (Oceano Dunes) and noticed the bug frame and engine placement made it ideal for bombing around out there and keeping stable.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

We need them hear from us all. I've spent a lot of weekends and money in Oceano. Its crazy to think that this is considered a good idea by anyone.

Reactions: Neuvik

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca

Ten voting commissioners were part of tonight's discussion. They originally had wanted to phase out OHV over the next five years, but at the meeting, it was amended to three years. :angry:

Nighttime vehicular use will be prohibited except in camping sections in the park unless restricted by other prohibitions. Pier Avenue will also be closed July 1, 2022 instead of July 1, 2021.
I suppose we should be happy the allowed some public comment, as 3 years ago they didn't even bother with the first closure meeting. However it doesn't matter, our overlords doth decree...

I suspect Cal 4 Wheelers who lead the charge last time will reply and form a legal plan to help combat this tyranny; along with groups like American Sand Association. We will need a lot more help though and public outcry.

Just as a little history aside: Bruce Meyers (Rippit in Peace!), inventor of the Meyers Manx "Dune Buggy" aka "Baja Bug" got his idea from watching the "water-pumper" home-built vehicles at Pismo Beach (Oceano Dunes) and noticed the bug frame and engine placement made it ideal for bombing around out there and keeping stable.
I grew up riding those dunes and had a blast over the years, Although it is now only a fraction of available riding area than the good old days. This is just another control tactic from California helping us “make better decisions” and we wonder why adults can’t adult anymore. Just the loss in revenue to Grover and surrounding areas will be a huge hit to business and community, Oregon will welcome that revenue and actually has a lot more to offer for riders.

Reactions: EXPO_D1 and Neuvik