Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Alltrails app shows its closed by the US Navy for an environmental assesment. But I can't find anything recent. And if so that's like the 3rd time they have conducted one. 2017 had a big closure.

Suppose someone just has to drive out there and see. BLM shows it open.

Reactions: BBOY777

BBOY777

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Forest, CA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
B
Member #

Alltrails app shows its closed by the US Navy for an environmental assesment. But I can't find anything recent. And if so that's like the 3rd time they have conducted one. 2017 had a big closure.

Suppose someone just has to drive out there and see. BLM shows it open.
Yeah your right they've had a couple closers for environmental investigation in the last few years but first time I read they labeled it "indefinitely " closed I've been dealing with this for over ten years in Johnson Valley too... the military just keep taking more desert land... and this time its historic land and trail. What's next they going to take all my bird hunting land out there too...
Iv already been planning a trip in April for Bradshaw Trail so guess we'll see if I hear more about it or I'm just going to drive out and see myself.
In the 20 years of exploring trails and land I've seen too many trails and land closed. Now this hobby is so big and popular we need more land and trails to travel, not less.

FastLayne

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Layne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IQS
The girlfriend and I were just out there 2/14 thru 2/16. Camped two nights in Red Canyon and ran the Bradshaw Trail to get to Bombay Beach and back. No signs of any closure, and there were other groups out there as well.

43ABA792-DC9D-4802-820E-CDAB13792545.jpeg 930F6AAC-E7F1-4ED9-80B7-2201F225E68A.jpeg DBD509A1-3821-4780-8AD4-8937B3305C11.jpeg

Reactions: BBOY777 and Neuvik