Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
@Troy Carroll Looks like I’m in!!! It looks by the map that you’re taking 58 to 14. I can meet at Jawbone (Ranger) Station if you can give an idea when you’ll be thru there.

Last edited:
Reactions: EXPO_D1

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
We can call/text before we leave the loves if you want.
Actually I just checked map distance from Loves to Jawbone Station (Google Maps shows it as Friends of Jawbone) and I’ll plan on being there at 0930ish. I’ll be on ham 146.460. Thanks and I look forward to hanging out with you guys.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Actually I just checked map distance from Loves to Jawbone Station (Google Maps shows it as Friends of Jawbone) and I’ll plan on being there at 0930ish. I’ll be on ham 146.460. Thanks and I look forward to hanging out with you guys.
i couldn't tell on the app but i've totally meet you before:sweatsmile::sweatsmile:. it was camping near burro schmidt too

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
i couldn't tell on the app but i've totally meet you before:sweatsmile::sweatsmile:. it was camping near burro schmidt too
Very cool, apologies for not remembering on the forum. This day trips’s getting better!

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

@Narbob are you planning on meeting us at Loves or Jawbone? I dont have a Ham, and dont know who, if anybody, does. Did you want to give us tou number just in case?

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
@Narbob are you planning on meeting us at Loves or Jawbone? I dont have a Ham, and dont know who, if anybody, does. Did you want to give us tou number just in case?
@Troy Carroll I’m planning on Jawbone Station at 0930(ish). My # 310 994-4679

Reactions: Troy Carroll

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

You probably don't want to hear about "days gone by" but I offer this in the hopes that you always take plenty of good pics on your adventures. And keep track of your notes and encounters. I did the tunnel almost 30 years ago when Evelyn Tonie Seger was still alive and living in the nearby cabin. Talk about cluttered with stuff! You could hardly walk in her tight-spaced, jam-packed home in the mountains. She and her dearly departed husband "owned" the tunnel.

When she first saw us, I think she had a rifle beyond the door. Then she realized we were an ok group and even invited us in for tea.
It was like some sort of museum with a fair amount of desert junk mixed in!

My Message: I think I took pics but I can't find them. I think I have notes; but I lost them over the years. Keep your pics in good order with your notes. Be able to find stuff and bring those memories back at times like this...just saying.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
You probably don't want to hear about "days gone by" but I offer this in the hopes that you always take plenty of good pics on your adventures. And keep track of your notes and encounters. I did the tunnel almost 30 years ago when Evelyn Tonie Seger was still alive and living in the nearby cabin. Talk about cluttered with stuff! You could hardly walk in her tight-spaced, jam-packed home in the mountains. She and her dearly departed husband "owned" the tunnel.

When she first saw us, I think she had a rifle beyond the door. Then she realized we were an ok group and even invited us in for tea.

My Message: I think I took pics but I can't find them. I think I have notes; but I lost them over the years. Keep your pics in good order with your notes. Be able to find stuff and bring those memories back at times like this...just saying.
@Del Albright -Thanks for the insight!!!

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Hey everybody, be advise that they are calling for 20 - 50 mph winds and blowing dust out there on Sunday. We will keep an eye on it.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

i have very similar sentiments about Manson Cabin. Such a shame. but photos live on forever

Reactions: Narbob