Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
I’ve noticed that if I try to use OB1 on one of my mobile devices, then swap to the other (iPhone/iPad), I have to log out/in on the device I’m trying to use to get things to load properly. Not sure if this is a security issue or a bug, but just wanted to bring attention to it.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’ve noticed that if I try to use OB1 on one of my mobile devices, then swap to the other (iPhone/iPad), I have to log out/in on the device I’m trying to use to get things to load properly. Not sure if this is a security issue or a bug, but just wanted to bring attention to it.
Just tried on my iPad and iPhone… I don’t have to log out of either one.

Reactions: GunRunnersActual

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I do not either....

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I can say it is not intended. You should be able to log on with multiple devices. Not reported as an issue broadly - please let me know if you continue to have trouble and will diagnose with you.

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

I have this problem (repro’d moments ago). I generally use OB1 on my iPad. If I sign in on my iPhone, it stops working on the iPad. The app loads, and doesn’t ask me to log in, but the forum doesn’t work (no content is shown). If I go to my account/profile, it also doesn’t work, and it shows an error message like “API key provided in request was not found.”

I have to log out and back in to recover, but then I start seeing the same thing on my iPhone.

Naively, this leads me to suspect that your auth layer only supports one active API key for a user at a time (I’m a developer), but that doesn’t really make sense since it seems only a few people are seeing this. Anyway I hope this is a helpful data point…

Kris

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK, I will use this information o try and drill down further. Since you are a developer you'll appreciate this :) This one is a timebox since we don't have reproduction steps, and it affects few - Our lead will look into the process and the info for an hour and see if he can reproduce/fix, or identify what the issue might be.

Now - we have done some things recently that do not fully flush the app state when you close the app - the reason for this is offline accessibility. I've told the development team under no circumstance can individuals be required to log-on when offline. We also need some level of security as well - it MIGHT be that there is some further refinement required in this area, and we'll timebox this with that in mind.

THANKYOU!

M

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

This happened to me today. I used my iPad to record a couple of tracks and then later used the app on my phone (Samsung) and could not find my new tracks. They only showed up after logging off and on again on the Samsung .

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This happened to me today. I used my iPad to record a couple of tracks and then later used the app on my phone (Samsung) and could not find my new tracks. They only showed up after logging off and on again on the Samsung .
OK, thank you for this information!

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

You're welcome. By the way, I love the new mapping stuff. I'm a long time Gaia user but tried recording some tracks in OB today and loved it. Still need to try a few more things, but I hope to have a more complete review soon.

Reactions: Michael