Bronco reserved so working ideas to build overlanding trailer from Lowes utility trailer

• HTML tutorial

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
We did the formal order last night. Were told the 2.7 engine and Sasquatch will push it out some, so late this year.
I kept it simple. I wanted the manual and the crawl ratio, so I went non squatch 2.3/7mt. Only add ons were roof rack, tow package and brush guard. Going for the “utilitarian” approach. Lol.
I am keeping simple 2.3 auto high package 4dr non squatch will see

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
So, here’s my mock up on a 3.5’x5’ carry on trailer from Lowe’s. Going to flip the springs as soon as I get to increase clearance. Ideally, I will replace the axle with at least a torsion axle, if not Timbren independent, strengthen the frame, extend the tongue along with a lock n roll/max coupler (still researching which is the better option), sliders and an RTT tent. Going to use the “steelies” off my BD (replacing with Pro Comp D windows) so I can match up the bolt patterns. Should be able to make a handy, versatile trailer out of it.807D98E7-C1B1-40A2-942D-E200CB9F6902.jpegA7387BAB-26CD-493D-9C33-B168CA0D9C7B.jpeg

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the thread and all the knowledge on trailers. I have ordered a Bronco (4dr, Badlands, non-squatch, 2.3l/auto) and I have also been perusing the trailer options. Initially I plan to do the sleep in the rig option and see how it goes, but I am trying to get smart on trailers. I find the DIY trailer option intriguing but the Sunray 109 sport looks very promising. Good luck to everyone on their Bronco orders. It almost feels like I am playing the lottery and trying to pick the winning number.

Reactions: Draykas

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Thanks for the thread and all the knowledge on trailers. I have ordered a Bronco (4dr, Badlands, non-squatch, 2.3l/auto) and I have also been perusing the trailer options. Initially I plan to do the sleep in the rig option and see how it goes, but I am trying to get smart on trailers. I find the DIY trailer option intriguing but the Sunray 109 sport looks very promising. Good luck to everyone on their Bronco orders. It almost feels like I am playing the lottery and trying to pick the winning number.
I agree with Bronco and lottery feel. For price point the Sunray trailers seem good option. Wife has me looking at even 129 or 139 which are under 3500 lbs and less then 15k. Some offroad trailers with less are same price. Guy on you tube talks his experience with 109 pulled with jeep and issues he had pro and con

Reactions: ChapEJF

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Oh forgot I ordered same badlands 4dr auto 2.3l non squatch

• Love
Reactions: ChapEJF

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I know I have 2019 ranger with 2.3 L and am impressed
I missed an opportunity last month to be one of the first private citizens to actually drive one. Buddys brother in law is an engineer for Ford and had a 4 dr BB SAS 2.3/10A at home. I couldn’t drive to the east side of the state during the week to drive it. I hooked up one of my buddys from the bronco forum with my golden ticket. He went out with the bro in law for about an hour. Walked him through all kinds of stuff on it. He loved it, and coming from a Jeep, he straight up said Jeep is in trouble.