US Southeast Broken Bow to Buffalo through the Ouchita and Ozark National Forests

• HTML tutorial

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

This will be an OTG trip traversing and exploring the Ouchita and Ozark National Forests, making our way from Broken Bow, OK, up to the Buffalo National River. We'll actually be starting out on Thursday morning in Longview, TX, heading to the Rally Point in Broken Bow, OK. From there, we will trek north into Ouchita NF and venture across the scenic highway towards Mena, AR. The current plan to take Forest Service Rd. 67 across the ridge towards Danville, AR. On Friday, we'll head up into Ozark NF for a day of exploration and wheeling, eventually making our way to camp along the Buffalo National River. Saturday is fair game, as i'll be breaking off to spend a day in Bentonville before heading back home on Sunday.

View Rally Point

NathanPAnderson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Northeast Arkansas
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Unfortunately a few parts of your Saturday route follow closed National Forest trails. In the Ozark National Forest, you have to follow the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). I'd be happy to help point you on the right track.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Unfortunately a few parts of your Saturday route follow closed National Forest trails. In the Ozark National Forest, you have to follow the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). I'd be happy to help point you on the right track.
Thanks for the heads up. I heard the same from someone else on FB (might have been you actually). I'll look at the MVUM and plan a different route this weekend.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Is this route wide enough for a half ton truck?
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get any notifications and only just now realized there were comments.

I haven't been there before, so i'm not 100% sure. I will say that I hadn't planned on taking any routes that are super narrow, especially Thursday, but won't know for sure until we get there. I'll be working from the MVUM to revise the route for Ozark this weekend. I don't plan to put any real narrow trails on the route.

Reactions: NathanPAnderson