Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

It's so awesome to see so many new members from BC! Some of you I know of from Westcoast Jeeps and Peden 4 Wheel Drive, others I have never met or seen. So, I was thinking we could organize an Overland Bound meetup/rally/trip this spring or summer, if there is enough interest. Friends from down south welcome too, if we get something organized.

@Travelatomoverland
@RescueJeep
@mountainkatt
@TigersRevenge
@wolverine
@DanielL
@William Beere
@Cameron DelGuidice
@jeffs blackjeep
@trikebubble
@PentictonJK

Travelatomoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

Hey @boehml

I am very interested in meeting more Overlanders and OB Members for sure! This summer is tight for time i think for me, My girlfriend and i are planning a 10 day 2,500km loop through 5 National Parks around BC and Alberta in August hopefully haven't yet confirmed dates. I had then been thinking about going to the BC Overland Rally the location is yet to be announced but somewhere in the Fraser Valley on 22-25 June. I was then invited by @RescueJeep to the North Cariboo Overland event on a trip to Barkerville historic site that is happening 23-25 June so not sure which one i will be participating in yet. There is also the 410 Expedition off the Grid Rally 15-17 Sept somewhere along the Old Man River in the foothills of the Rocky mountains in Alberta.

My girlfriend and I drive a mostly stock F-150 and don't currently have all terrain tires so i will be limited to what i can get up to this year compared to some of you guys. However with some different events going on and my overland trip this year i am hoping to meet quite a few different overlanders either planned or by just seeing them on the road or campgrounds. Also to note ( maybe for you @Zargon ) i am located in Prince George which is at the crossroads of two major highways and an access point for travellers heading north to Yukon or Alaska if anyone is passing through and needs information about the area, a beer or a helping hand.

Over and out, Adam

RescueJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Prince George BC Canada
Member #

With all the cool events going on, it would be extra great to have an OB members gathering. It would be great to just connect and get to know faces.
Of course everyone is invited to the NCOadventures weekend starting in pg also.
Info at facebook.com/NCOadventures

Sent from my SM-G870W using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: boehml

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

With all the cool events going on, it would be extra great to have an OB members gathering. It would be great to just connect and get to know faces.
Of course everyone is invited to the NCOadventures weekend starting in pg also.
Info at facebook.com/NCOadventures

Sent from my SM-G870W using OB Talk mobile app
Agree, it would be great to meet up somewhere in the middle of us all.

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Would this be open to US folks? With enough notice I bet some of us from Seattle would like to make it! [emoji106]

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Would this be open to US folks? With enough notice I bet some of us from Seattle would like to make it! [emoji106]
Always open to our lovely southern neighbors. If it gathers enough interest I'll put together a trip in the Trip Planning thread.

Reactions: NetDep

pjo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Vancouver
Member #

I'd be up for this depending on when... so many things happening this June though. Definitely keeping an eye on this one too!

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I'd be up for this depending on when... so many things happening this June though. Definitely keeping an eye on this one too!
Hey, we're neighbors, I am also from North Van. I'll see about some dates and some location choices, maybe around August.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Checking in from Penticton. Would be interested if the timing works out. We will be going to the NW Overland Rally in June, and the OB Washington get together on a stage of the WABDR in August too. I'll certainly keep an eye on this for plans. Cheers.

Sent from the Mountains

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Well September 4th is a holiday, so I'm proposing September 1st - 4th, unless that is a busy weekend for everyone. As far as locations go, I'm proposing the following:

Sheep Junction Range, north of 100 Mile House
Alexander Mackenzie Trail, near Quesnel - Just a portion of the trail probably
The obvious Whipsaw, near Princeton/Tulameen
Molybdenite

Any other suggestions?

Reactions: Zargon

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I couldn't make a labour day gathering, we do an annual pig-fest that weekend. I can appreciate if that ling weekend works fit others though. I'll keep an eye out for any BC'ers at the Northwest Overland Rally though.

Sent from the Mountains