Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi all, just joined up myself. Out in Whiterock, if anyone else is out this way. Always down for a coffee Meetup, trail exploring, or if anyone ever needs an extra hand wrenching!
Fairly new to the overlanding gig, and am currently building my XL7.
Cheers!
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Trowbocop

Rank III

Advocate II

Anything going on soon? Ferrying over to Tsawassen from Vancouver Island right now- headed up Whistler way this evening- then over across to Banff, then Alberta. If anyone is along the way, wants to meet up for a coffee or camp session- we're on board. Don't check here as often as I should, but we're on Instagram as @yourlocalnomads- if you want to get in touch! Only service is wifi- so I'll check in here as often as I can

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i
Anything going on soon? Ferrying over to Tsawassen from Vancouver Island right now- headed up Whistler way this evening- then over across to Banff, then Alberta. If anyone is along the way, wants to meet up for a coffee or camp session- we're on board. Don't check here as often as I should, but we're on Instagram as @yourlocalnomads- if you want to get in touch! Only service is wifi- so I'll check in here as often as I can
if you end up through vernon or kelowna, hit me up.

Reactions: Trowbocop

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
Just found this site tonight. Been searching for weeks on trails/overlanding routes to go on camping trips throughout southern B.C. from Kelowna and running a first gen Tacoma.

PentictonJK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

penticton
First Name
Jason
Last Name
S
Member #

Just found this site tonight. Been searching for weeks on trails/overlanding routes to go on camping trips throughout southern B.C. from Kelowna and running a first gen Tacoma.
Hey welcome.
I'm in penticton with a jeep JKU lots of cool places around for both overlanding and camping. Where have you been so far ?

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
From Kelowna side up the Chute Lake Road in the spring, hit the road just off Mountainside drive. Rough trail, turned into more of a quad trail in some spots, a few major wash outs than connected with the main Chute Lake Road again which was a little boring minus the views and creepy resort. Picking around the Bear Creek Area, upto Terrace Mountain look out. Nothing major. Would like to find some neat camping spots to hit come spring.

Found a loop from Lumby-Creighton Valley via Creighton Valley Rd to Harrison Creek Rd-Thone Lake Campground-Beaverdell-Penticton via Beaverdell Road and than not to sure maybe heard back to Kelowna or find some sort of route up the west side of the lake from Penticton area to West Kelowna?

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

From Kelowna side up the Chute Lake Road in the spring, hit the road just off Mountainside drive. Rough trail, turned into more of a quad trail in some spots, a few major wash outs than connected with the main Chute Lake Road again which was a little boring minus the views and creepy resort. Picking around the Bear Creek Area, upto Terrace Mountain look out. Nothing major. Would like to find some neat camping spots to hit come spring.

Found a loop from Lumby-Creighton Valley via Creighton Valley Rd to Harrison Creek Rd-Thone Lake Campground-Beaverdell-Penticton via Beaverdell Road and than not to sure maybe heard back to Kelowna or find some sort of route up the west side of the lake from Penticton area to West Kelowna?
I believe that Bear Creek Main runs from West Kelowna up to the Coq Connector. From there you can run forest service roads down to Peachland (we stayed at MacDonald Lake up there, and it's beautiful) and it connecs over to the Headwaters area, then connect somehow to up behind Summerland. I believe that Shingle Creek FSR runs from behind Summerland (by Agur Lake) to Green Mountain Rd just out of Penticton.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brost

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
Repost from Ok group thread but just in case any one watching this thread could offer some advice.

Thinking of going for a winter camp.

Route:
-Down the 6 past cherryville.
-Turn right to follow the Kettle River to along the Christian Valley Road to possibly try to camp arb Kettle Canyon. Comes out at WestBridge
- can I take conkle river to Kelly river to venner meadows to sheddlworth Road. Take that into Kaledon.
-over to Hedley and up the nickel plate road, try to check out French mine and camp some where.
-continue along through apex mountain to shingle creek road to Kettle Valley Steam Railway into Summerland and hit the highway home.

Any suggestions along this route would be appreciated if you have done in January? Or alternate routes. Looking to do a 2night loop camping trip from Kelowna to break in the new RTT.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I spent a night up at Nevertouch Lake last November. You can access it via the #201 or from the Christian Valley. The #201 will be plowed, but I'm not sure if the connecting roads will be driveable in January. It's a beauty spot to camp. I did it as a round trip from Penticton. I went north up the Christian Valley from Rock Creek, then found a fsr that took me up to Nevertouch. The next day I continued along until I found the #201 then followed it all the way back to 0km in OK Falls. I don't know how accessible Conkle is in January, I know you can connect Conkle back to the #201 above Carmi/Penticton in the summer, not sure about dead of winter though.

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
I spent a night up at Nevertouch Lake last November. You can access it via the #201 or from the Christian Valley. The #201 will be plowed, but I'm not sure if the connecting roads will be driveable in January. It's a beauty spot to camp. I did it as a round trip from Penticton. I went north up the Christian Valley from Rock Creek, then found a fsr that took me up to Nevertouch. The next day I continued along until I found the #201 then followed it all the way back to 0km in OK Falls. I don't know how accessible Conkle is in January, I know you can connect Conkle back to the #201 above Carmi/Penticton in the summer, not sure about dead of winter though.

Thanks for the reply.

So you went from westbridge on Christian Valley Road up to Nevertouch Lake.

I think I will try to cut across to Allendale Lake from WestBridge via the way above.

So you went up the 33 to the start of the 201 and came south on that past Allendale Lake and into Penticton?

Last edited:

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Thanks for the reply.

So you went from westbridge on Christian Valley Road up to Nevertouch Lake.

I think I will try to cut across to Allendale Lake from WestBridge via the way above.

So you went up the 33 to the start of the 201 and came south on that past Allendale Lake and into Penticton?
I took the Christian Valley Road up and found a fsr that took me right past Nevertouch Lake (can't recall the name, but I'll look for it) I did not go all the way up Christian Valley until the 201. When I left Nevertouch Lake I just continued on that fsr and it connected up to the 201. I think it was about the 150km mark on the 201. When I got onto the 201 (heading southbound-ish) I wanted to follow it all the way to the starting 0km point in OK Falls (you pass Allendale Rd on the way, close to OK Falls).

Westbridge to Allendale in January may not be do-able (I wouldn't try solo anyways) We go snow-shoeing up Saunier Creek fsr (in the same area) in the winter and the road gets pretty much impassible after 5/6 km in from the 201.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Turnoff the main Kettle Valley fsr here (see picture w/co-ordinates). This will take you to Nevertouch Lake, and continue on to meet the 201 (some older mapping does not show the road connection from Nevertouch to the 201, but it does)

Attachments

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
Turnoff the main Kettle Valley fsr here (see picture w/co-ordinates). This will take you to Nevertouch Lake, and continue on to meet the 201 (some older mapping does not show the road connection from Nevertouch to the 201, but it does)

Thanks I’m up at work. Only had google maps. Just ordered all my back road maps so should come up on there!