First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
IMG_6293.JPG

Starting with a stock 2019 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium with KDSS, I immediately had her lifted with an Icon Stage 5 lift (work done by Yodaman in Santa Rosa CA. I also upgraded to Pirelli Scorpion ATs at 285/70/17. Fender trim already done - BMC coming soon.

Since then I’ve taken her out a few times, tuned the suspension to the right feel/responsiveness I wanted. Front end slightly higher now compared to the attached pic.

I also replaced the side steps with true sliders - RSG level with kick outs - I have a short wife and even shorter munchkin who need them to get in/out of the rig. (Shown in pic attached).

Interior LEDs all upgraded, as well as LED headlights, high beams, and fogs. Huge difference!

Next steps: Brake lights/turn signals to LED. Rago molle panels, Smitybilt 10k synthetic winch, rear diff breather, ditch lights - all waiting to go in when I have the time. SSO roof rack, front bumper, and high clearance kit ordered - probably January install at this point. Roof rack and bumper will have LED bars, while the roof rack will also have LEDs on sides/back as well. I have the relay kit and wiring - that will be a weekend when they finally come in.

Future thoughts: dual battery setup, rear bumper with swing outs, considering various tray/drawer systems, and undecided on RTT. Initial focus was building up the rig to get into/out of trouble first, then overlandize it. Exciting times!!

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
IMG_6507.JPG
Today’s project: Ditch lights installed - easier than I thought it would be except for getting through the firewall - Toyota had it sealed up really well. Hoping to get my ham radio fully installed (internally) this weekend as well. Antennae will be a magnet mount until I get the SSO roof rack - then it will be mounted to that.

Reactions: Wallygator

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
View attachment 131049
Today’s project: Ditch lights installed - easier than I thought it would be except for getting through the firewall - Toyota had it sealed up really well. Hoping to get my ham radio fully installed (internally) this weekend as well. Antennae will be a magnet mount until I get the SSO roof rack - then it will be mounted to that.
Which brackets did you go with? I just installed the CaliRaisedLED ones, still deciding on which lights to go with.

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
Which brackets did you go with? I just installed the CaliRaisedLED ones, still deciding on which lights to go with.
These are CaliRaised - I wanted Rago (love the quality of their stuff, but couldn’t justify the $30 delta in price. Very happy with the Cali pair - good fit both for the 4R and for the lights - no issues hitting at all (hood open or closed or anything in between).

Lights are Baja Designs Squadron Pros (Amber).

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
These are CaliRaised - I wanted Rago (love the quality of their stuff, but couldn’t justify the $30 delta in price. Very happy with the Cali pair - good fit both for the 4R and for the lights - no issues hitting at all (hood open or closed or anything in between).

Lights are Baja Designs Squadron Pros (Amber).
Sounds like you were in the same boat as me. I actually had the Rago blemished in my shopping cart, but the free shipping and Black Friday Deal on the CaliRaisedLED's was too a deal to pass up. They look really good.

Reactions: boz4rnr