Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

I go a couple of days before the "B&B" event to visit distilleries and bourbon hunt. Wanted to let everyone know where. I'll list my tours in the comments once they are booked.

Come join if you want and we'll talk rigs, equipment, overlanding and bourbon...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
When it's gonna begin ?
I'm going to be down there on Tuesday, late afternoon.

I'm not sure when I'll get to the camp, that will depend on scheduled distillery tours (which I can not make as of yet).

The Backroads & Bourbon events put on by @Kgxpedition starts on friday.

I go down early every year.

I will put my schedule of distillery visits and tours in the comments once I have made them.

Check the Rally point section for all the details...

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Here are my scheduled tours (so far):

Heaven Hill You Do Bourbon
Wednesday, April 19 @ 12:30

Bardstown Barrel Theiving
Wednesday, April 19 @ 2:30

Willet Distillery & Production tour
Thursday, April 20 @ 11:00

Maker Mark Tour
Thursday, April 20 @ 3:00

Last edited:
Reactions: J B and SJ.Overland

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Also, if you're planning to stay at My Old Kentucky Home campsite. Make sure you book a spot. I have site 24. Other sites are available and there's a large primitive area where you could park and camp very easily...

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Also, if you're planning to stay at My Old Kentucky Home campsite. Make sure you book a spot. I have site 24. Other sites are available and there's a large primitive area where you could park and camp very easily...
Are you planning on staying at MOKH Thursday night as well? Or moving on to Taylorsville?

SubZeroToy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Stieren
Member #

Hey all. I’m in the bourbon industry (vintage and antique) and am going to try and make this event. If there is some interest in me putting together some sample kits of some very hard to find vintage bourbons I’d be happy to do so. I could do it at my cost (not making anything beyond what I have invested), so if that sounds like something people would want to try, let me know. I can follow up with a big list of possibilities and we can trim it down to 4-6 two ounce sample packages-and everyone would get the same 4-6 to try together and discuss. Let me know what you all think?

Reactions: FlyingPirate

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey all. I’m in the bourbon industry (vintage and antique) and am going to try and make this event. If there is some interest in me putting together some sample kits of some very hard to find vintage bourbons I’d be happy to do so. I could do it at my cost (not making anything beyond what I have invested), so if that sounds like something people would want to try, let me know. I can follow up with a big list of possibilities and we can trim it down to 4-6 two ounce sample packages-and everyone would get the same 4-6 to try together and discuss. Let me know what you all think?
Ed

Just saw your comment and thanks for the offer. I would love to do this, but I can't speak for everyone.

Also, I'm not sure who will be at this meetup. This is a pre-gathering to the main weekend and most will not be in until Friday.

I wouldn't mind putting together a separate event and then those that attended would be focused on tasting and bourbon education.

It's something we can discuss with everyone this April.

Reactions: SubZeroToy

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Last edited:

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I'll need to work the first half of the day, but I'm in for the Makers Mark Tour, I've not done that one yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Commish1999

SubZeroToy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Stieren
Member #

Ed

Just saw your comment and thanks for the offer. I would love to do this, but I can't speak for everyone.

Also, I'm not sure who will be at this meetup. This is a pre-gathering to the main weekend and most will not be in until Friday.

I wouldn't mind putting together a separate event and then those that attended would be focused on tasting and bourbon education.

It's something we can discuss with everyone this April.
Great! Just follow up with me and we can get something set up.

Reactions: Commish1999

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
My schedule changed a bit and I'm not sure I will get down there by Tuesday night (if i do it will be late). If you're there - enjoy, I'll see you Wednesday at one of the distilleries or around the campfire back at MOKH...